Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

What are you guys paying for gas?

I’ve asked a number of times if I can drive the CR-V on a hunting trip. GFY is the standard response.
Haha yup I'd imagine. This is just a for town and back situation and apparently there's stipulations like I'm not supposed to drive backroads. Caught an earful the other morning after she dropped the kids off at school "you wanna drive backroads take your own damn truck!" I guess her back up camera was covered in dust, like she's never had to use a window to back up before.

I’ve asked a number of times if I can drive the CR-V on a hunting trip. GFY is the standard response.
Took my wife’s expedition one time. When my buddy started telling the story about crossing a River with water seeping into the cab I started to give the cough and throat slit sign. Last time I’ve got to drive a vehicle of hers without her in it.

Heard about this on the radio yesterday. Exxon has agreed to buy up to 220 million barrels per year for 5 years. Not sure what the diesel will end up costing at the pump? Not sure how profitable camelina is to grow in Eastern Montana, but we will soon find out.

No it is not.

The oil companies weren't able to prop up crude prices not that long ago. If they could control prices to their advantage , they would never had let prices for crude to drop so low a couple of years ago.

There was a spot price for crude that was below zero due to storage tanks being filled to the brim with more coming down the pipeline.

When there is more production and supply than there is demand, prices slump. It does not have to be a huge oversupply for that to play out. It is the same dynamic when supplies do not meet the demand. One difference between them is the market moves on the perception of a coming shortage, where the oversupply does not play out ahead of time in quite the same way.

Refineries have a maximum capacity to produce. Once they are balls to the walls, if the demand is greater than the supply, prices rise. Demand for gasoline in this part of the world is very seasonal.
A number of economists have studied the manner in which changes in oil prices affect changes in gas prices—the so-called pass-through. The prevailing sentiment is that the pass-through is not symmetric: The speed at which gas prices change differs depending on whether the price of gasoline is relatively high or relatively low compared with the price of oil. Both casual and industry observers say that gas prices adjust to changes in oil prices faster when gasoline prices are relatively low compared with oil than when gasoline prices are relatively high compared with oil. This uneven pass-through can be seen when oil prices rise after being steady for some time—gasoline prices shoot up quickly. In contrast, when oil prices fall after being steady for some time, gasoline prices retreat slowly. In the gasoline industry, this phenomenon is known as "rockets and feathers."

A number of economists have studied the manner in which changes in oil prices affect changes in gas prices—the so-called pass-through. The prevailing sentiment is that the pass-through is not symmetric: The speed at which gas prices change differs depending on whether the price of gasoline is relatively high or relatively low compared with the price of oil. Both casual and industry observers say that gas prices adjust to changes in oil prices faster when gasoline prices are relatively low compared with oil than when gasoline prices are relatively high compared with oil. This uneven pass-through can be seen when oil prices rise after being steady for some time—gasoline prices shoot up quickly. In contrast, when oil prices fall after being steady for some time, gasoline prices retreat slowly. In the gasoline industry, this phenomenon is known as "rockets and feathers."

I can't disagree. I know the refinery made bank when crude prices were falling. It is an advantage integrated oil companies enjoy.

Again, owning oil stocks is open to everyone. Exxon is up about 25% since the first of the year.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T_allen7
Back