What are you guys paying for gas?

I am looking a @wllm1313 and the 20% return on investment for 50 dollar oil and am jealous. I would be in hog heaven if I got 20% even in the best years.

I am looking a @wllm1313 and the 20% return on investment for 50 dollar oil and am jealous. I would be in hog heaven if I got 20% even in the best years.
Yeah but what are your chances of a total loss on investment? High risk high reward. Companies also go bankrupt at $65, my post was attempting to be illustrative on how things generally work.

filled up for 3.14 last night. still a roughly 70 dollar fill up, like it has been for a while.

they need to make a hybrid tacoma so badly.

3.70 a gallon here. Despite my distaste for the industry I been adding steady to my O&G gas’s portfolio for the last several year. Figure I could stop complaining about high prices and profit from them for myself and my family

And the big oil and gas producers listen. Don't drill. Low supply = high prices. Increased dividends for share holders and higher prices at the pump. Eventually the pie in the sky can compete with the higher prices and everyone lives happily ever after.😉
Biden continues to approve more drilling than the previous administration. The only thing that stops it is a legal challenge. I know this doesn't fit your narrative, but the data doesn't lie. Energy Independence and "security" are mostly BS political arguments.

To @wllm1313 's point, O&G are listening to investors, not the administration. Do investors buy on growth or on cash flow?

Can't open the post article. Explain how energy security is a bs argument. Europe would probably disagree with you right now.😉
Europe doesn't have a choice. The US has immense hydrocarbon resources, so security exists if they are in the ground untapped, like ANWR, or getting pumped like the Permian. The argument is BS because it isn't about security. It's about the price of gasoline. People want to frame it as being able to be energy "independent" and having security, but also have $2/gal gasoline. You know, FREEEEDOM! they should be able to drive the 8cyc truck pulling a huge camper and get 8mpg for cheap because they're American. Even if you don't say it directly, that is how it is framed for political benefit. Just like the "Why are we buying oil from Russia". It ignores any true operating dynamics the energy market.

Europe doesn't have a choice. The US has immense hydrocarbon resources, so security exists if they are in the ground untapped, like ANWR, or getting pumped like the Permian. The argument is BS because it isn't about security. It's about the price of gasoline. People want to frame it as being able to be energy "independent" and having security, but also have $2/gal gasoline. You know, FREEEEDOM! they should be able to drive the 8cyc truck pulling a huge camper and get 8mpg for cheap because they're American. Even if you don't say it directly, that is how it is framed for political benefit. Just like the "Why are we buying oil from Russia". It ignores any true operating dynamics the energy market.
I know you have a hard time with freedom, but high energy costs effect everything from fertilizer and food cost to trucking the food to your local store. Most people understand that.

I know you have a hard time with freedom, but high energy costs effect everything from fertilizer and food cost to trucking the food to your local store. Most people understand that.
Love freedom, but economic decisions always have tradeoffs. If you drive a gas guzzler, you should think about the the current and potential future price of the fuel it uses. When you buys house, you have to consider the ongoing costs to heat and cool it. You want to buy a Tesla, consider what happens when a storm knocks out power for a few days.

Sure transportation costs affect the prices of stuff. But that has nothing to do with the argument on this administration. You can look up drilling approvals here https://reports.blm.gov/report/AFMSS/81/Approved-APDs-Report-Federal . No one is saying prices aren't going up, but you are trying to place the blame on an administration that has been in office for like 400days when the data shows they it really isn't doing anything to contribute to that price increase and instead actually doing things that should slowly help reduce supply shortfalls. While you won't believe this, I am not trying to support Biden, but arguments that ignore facts need to be a little stronger. Assigning responsibility for the price of gasoline to the president in office is as American as baseball and apple pie. But who is in office rarely has any actual impact on the price of a commodity.

3.49 for 86 in Eastern NM. I've been driving my wife's Sorento a lot the past few weeks. At 27mpg beats the hell out of my 17mpg F150. If I don't need the truck I'll be taking her vehicle for now.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Live2huntelk
Back