Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

What are you guys paying for gas?

Interesting analysis there Pamplemouse. exorbitantly high prices lets all sorts of inefficient producers survive where they shouldn't.
Current admin is doing their best to not let the industry open back up as they push crude prices back to those levels so as to accomplish
their green initiative. law of intended (as opposed to unintended) is to force as much pain on the public (inflation) to gain their political objectives
@406dn it's an inside joke about my La Croix addiction, not name calling.

Tradewind, totally agree about high prices letting shitty companies survive. My argument though is that Biden has nothing to do with this so much as investors. With the exception pausing some fed lease stuff early last year (which has been opened) not much talk about the administration. Mostly it's about doing what the market wants, which is provide returns. Midland/ Delaware/DJ/Anadarko/ etc are mostly private so there isn't much any president can do. It's basically the NM portion of the Permian/Powder River/ some Bakken that are dependent on fed permitting. Personally I haven't heard (recently) or experienced a lot of issues, or rather issues beyond what is normal.

Nice dodge.
What does security have to do with greed?

Security has little to do with greed. The greed was when you have me agreeing with a portion of your position, you want more.

I have my disappointments with Biden, they are unlikely to be the same disappointments you have.

I do not pine for the days of our previous president, at all.

So you would agree that the Biden Administrations policies have left us at risk when it comes to energy secutity?
I guess my issue with this statement is ok, but which policies have left us at risk specifically, with regard to energy? I'm honestly taking a completely a-political tack here.

ANWAR? I mean that was a 10 year exploration project, even if Biden had said drill baby drill there would be zero ANWAR oil following during his presidency?

Uintah, Powder River, New Mexico... all producing currently. Personally as a hunter who likes chasing critters in WY I'm not sure I want gloves off drilling there.

Security has little to do with greed. The greed was when you have me agreeing with a portion of your position, you want more.

I have my disappointments with Biden, they are unlikely to be the same disappointments you have.

I do not pine for the days of our previous president, at all.
Just trying to lead a horse to water.....

I guess my issue with this statement is ok, but which policies have left us at risk specifically, with regard to energy? I'm honestly taking a completely a-political tack here.

ANWAR? I mean that was a 10 year exploration project, even if Biden had said drill baby drill there would be zero ANWAR oil following during his presidency?

Uintah, Powder River, New Mexico... all producing currently. Personally as a hunter who likes chasing critters in WY I'm not sure I want gloves off drilling there.

I'm not sure I completely follow increased solar funding leading to increase Oil prices.

One would think solar subsidies would make them compete with OG and thereby lower the price of WTI? If we were at $40 I would be like, yep that's hurting energy producers.

Or is your argument that the bill should provide OG subsides?

I'm not sure I completely follow increased solar funding leading to increase Oil prices.

One would think solar subsidies would make them compete with OG and thereby lower the price of WTI? If we were at $40 I would be like, yep that's hurting energy producers.

Or is your argument that the bill should provide OG subsides?
He is calling for expensive pie in the sky green energy while calling for the end to fossil fuels. Not possible, and leaves us energy insecure.

"100 percent carbon pollution-free electricity (CFE) by 2030, at least half of which will be locally supplied clean energy to meet 24/7 demand;"

And the big oil and gas producers listen. Don't drill. Low supply = high prices. Increased dividends for share holders and higher prices at the pump. Eventually the pie in the sky can compete with the higher prices and everyone lives happily ever after.😉
I mean or you hedge the rest of 2022 at $88 and 2023 at $75 and the start drilling like crazy and hope you get your oil on the market before the next guy.

Spot prices is fun because it jumps wildly... but this is more what I look at

1646159057156.png

I mean or you hedge the rest of 2022 at $88 and 2023 at $75 and the start drilling like crazy and hope you get your oil on the market before the next guy.

Spot prices is fun because it jumps wildly... but this is more what I look at

View attachment 213904
One problem with that idea wllm.
Same problem most industries and businesses are facing these days.

What I want to know is how the loss of the minuscule 7% we get from Russia caused the increase in the price at the pump.
Oil companies raise our price of fuel when they THINK something might happen.
They always have some kind of excuse for higher prices such as "we're switching from winter to summer blend" or "we're switching from summer blend to winter blend" or they have to shut down for "cleaning". Or they just raise the price during the summer travel period and EVERY holiday because they know people have no choice but to spend the extra $$ to get where they're going.
It's simply greed and nothing else.

Last edited:
What I want to know is how the loss of the minuscule 7% we get from Russia caused the increase in the price at the pump.
Oil companies raise our price of fuel when they THINK something might happen.
They always have some kind of excuse for higher prices such as "we're switching from winter to summer blend" or "we're switching from winter blend to summer blend" or they have to shut down for "cleaning". Or they just raise the price during the summer travel period and EVERY holiday because they know people have no choice but to spend the extra $$ to get where they're going.
It's simply greed and nothing else.

No it is not.

The oil companies weren't able to prop up crude prices not that long ago. If they could control prices to their advantage , they would never had let prices for crude to drop so low a couple of years ago.

There was a spot price for crude that was below zero due to storage tanks being filled to the brim with more coming down the pipeline.

When there is more production and supply than there is demand, prices slump. It does not have to be a huge oversupply for that to play out. It is the same dynamic when supplies do not meet the demand. One difference between them is the market moves on the perception of a coming shortage, where the oversupply does not play out ahead of time in quite the same way.

Refineries have a maximum capacity to produce. Once they are balls to the walls, if the demand is greater than the supply, prices rise. Demand for gasoline in this part of the world is very seasonal.

Topped off for a little road tripping to New Mexico for the rest of the week...3.90 for diesel.

Back