Ultimate Marriage Test

Navigating while driving, like while using iPhone map or on-car touch screen.
As a surveyor (and normal person) I know that up is north on a map no matter what direction you’re heading.
I think @Nameless Range knows this too.
My wife, and females in general from my observations, think they need digital maps to be constantly rotated with the direction they’re traveling.

I mean, if we are headed SE, why shouldn’t SE be oriented to the top of the screen!?
Turn right at that last intersection? Obviously the settings must be such that SW is now at the top of the screen.

The absolutely hilarious thing about this is that I just got done driving across the urban wastelands of western Washington and Oregon with my better half as a navigator. There were a couple instances resulting in us not speaking to one another for an hour or so…

😂

This one is embarrassing. I am weird I guess. I am in my second marriage and it is AMAZING. We get along like peas and carrots. However…

We have blended families. They have “comfort shows,” The Office and Modern Family. I’m a push on The Office, and actually loved Modern Family the first time. Jay’s my boy! However, having a stupid mother effin’ tv show on repeat constantly in the background drives me nuts for some reason. My 🧠 snaps… My wife is amazing and we don’t fight about it, but ridiculously I tell my wonderful kids to take that shiz downstairs. I want to watch something I’ve never seen. Am I weird?

How about this one - husband and I had the car packed and loaded up for the first day of elk season (which when we were rifle hunting used to fall on or near my birthday every year). We pull up to drop the dog off for a week at a friends and they have a giant banner printed out and friends over for a surprise birthdy party. Instead of going elk hunting, husband thought I'd want to spend the first night of elk season at a surprise party for me with all of our friends.

I burst into tears and told him this was a terrible idea and that I just wanted to go elk hunting - how could we miss opening day!? He then called everyone that hadn't yet shown up to tell them we were cancelling the party.

We didn't speak the entire 6-hour drive to the campsite and we had dinner along the way at Subway which to this day when we pass it we still refer to as 'the saddest subway in Colorado'.
Now that kind of attitude would have gotten you left at the house

Sh** our wives do

Ultimate marriage test

"If" the saying "like father, like son" is true, Hunt Talk may not be my best place to look for a husband ;)

Unless, any of you have sons that likes, Rodeos, Ranching, Hunting and music that s not 50 years old :)
You nailed it.

Pop always gave the advice to "get to know her mother before you marry, 'cause that's what she will be in 10 years.."

Even more true for you and a future FIL.

BTW - My wife's mom died before I ever met her. So now what, dad? We have been married 35 years.

I promised to stop trying to introduce you to my son (who is now in a relationship.🤞), but my advice is you find a guy with parents who have been married 35 years....

I do have one punctuation question though. Did you mean music that is not 50 years old or he is not 50 years old?

Last edited:
Driving from Denver to Boston, with everything you own in a uhaul, towing your car, with your dog in the cab in the middle.

Doing it straight 34hrs no stops but for gas, because you wife starts her new job on Monday, but had to get surgery in Denver on Thursday.

Oh and it rains the whole trip and the truck leaks…

Wait…

were we supposed to be like situations in general?
My wife and I drove from Anchorage AK to Medford OR in late December hauling all of our belongings in a trailer pulled by a dodge 2500 w/ a cabover camper in the bed, and 2 dogs in the cab. Didn’t have the rain problem you did, but our headlights kept shorting out. A wonderful problem to have when there’s only 4 hours of day light, and you’re driving 10-15 hrs a day on winding ice covered mountain roads. That picture was taken at 12:15PM. The trailer got a flat tire, twice. We stopped to sleep, but you don’t sleep very well in a camper when it’s -30°.

The real bickering didn’t start until we got near civilization though. Bringing directions into the mix changed the whole vibe lol.
308B8D9D-3527-43A5-B5CF-1A3961C1768E.jpeg

When you buy several praying mantis egg sacs from a somewhat shady online insect marketplace, you misjudge their tininess and they all hatch at once and immediately crawl out of the shoddy tupperware they were in, and you wake up to approximately 1,000 preying mantises crawling and hopping on every surface in the living room, and the husband insists on recapturing them live into a container, which leads to the wife tearfully exclaiming at 5:30 AM, "I just want to read my newspaper!!!" while frantically scooping up mantis larvae.

Totally relatable.

The wife and I can go a 6 hour road trip and not say more than 12 words between us the whole trip.

View attachment 224764View attachment 224765
Doing dishes in the bathtub was awesome.
Yeah, I know about that. I was in the process of remodeling the kitchen and had just torn out the sink unit when we got the call that Mom went to the hospital with what they thought was a stroke. Wife and I jumped on a plane to Montana. By the time we got to the hospital it was diagnosed as melanoma in her brain and terminal. My lovely little wife said stay and help my brothers look after Mom till she died. Only a little over two months but in the meantime I took a park ranger job there. Wife wouldn't give up her job till I got year's tenure (which never seemed to happen) so for almost six months till I could get leave and come home to finish the kitchen she did dishes in the bathroom tub. Never complained once.

She absolutely could not wrap her head around the utility of putting a lazy Susan in the corner cupboard under the counter. We genuinely had a heated argument over that. "It wastes space." There is no getting around some space being wasted there but without a lazy Susan the whole damn corner is inaccessible unless you're a mouse. At 4'10" and eighty pounds she was only slightly larger than a mouse I guess. In spite of her adament objections the lazy Susan went in while she was at work one day and she was just fine with it once it was operational.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back