PEAX Equipment

Ultimate Marriage Test

Severe anxiety married to slight asperger who tries to do everything DIY with little skill. Counselor called it a recipe for disaster, but an amazing testament of our love that we were still together. 12 years September 4th; oh crap I'll be archery hunting in MT!

My wife managed to back into another car in a parking lot, with a backup camera and warning system, right after our truck truck got out of the shop for a while--of course she didn't think to call insurance before to reactivate the paused insurance coverage. I got to go to small claims court with her, she did a good job of negotiating the cost though!

In all fairness, I have to say, in the early years before cameras I did manage to back over my wife's car with a pick-up, but I did that all on my own... ;)

This thread has been great! I love my wife dearly and God knows she puts up with too much of my crap. We are both in our early 30’s and been married for almost four years. Been together for 9 years. When we got married and moved in I told her point blank that I trust her judgement on any decorating of our house: paint colors, arranging furniture, pictures etc. The house and yard are her domain as I do not care what they look but I know however she wants them to look will be perfect for me. I’ll help her carry out any project and if she’s stuck on a decision I will give her my input when asked. But in the grand scheme of it all, I’m happy knowing she’s happy with how she wants the house/yard/flowers. I’d much rather just live peacefully and not get bent out of shape over the minutia.

In return, I get to do what I want in the garage. If she needs some space out there, I’ll try and accommodate, but she can have every room in the house for as far as I care, just leave the garage for me. We get along great and have always been a good team.

I don’t feel like this is me just laying down and going with flow, it was a very conscious decision and I’ve never regretted it.

I would have to say watching my parents argue over how to load the old Sears car cargo box every summer, was hilarious.

Irrigating! Happens every summer: my HUGE vegetable and flower gardens (my domain) vs. the lawn (his domain). Seems like we both want the ditch water at the same time, but in very different places. I guess we are lucky to have water though. 🌼

Judging from the replies, you gentlemen are lucky to not know what “Buy Nothing Facebook” is. (it’s where other people in your neighborhood post free stuff over Facebook, they put it on their porch and then you go pick it up.) My wife will drive around, with me in the car of course, for 45 minutes to pick up seven dollars worth of junk. It’s a level of hell not yet defined.

Throwing stuff away from the closet that hasn't been used in years.
I got in trouble one time because I threw out a pair of ice skates my wife had since before we were married.
She hadn't used them in over 20 years and then she decides to look for them? :unsure:

Throwing stuff away from the closet that hasn't been used in years.
I got in trouble one time because I threw out a pair of ice skates my wife had since before we were married.
She hadn't used them in over 20 years and then she decides to look for them? :unsure:
I think that's the law of stuff. The day after you throw it away, suddenly you need it.

Back