Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Ultimate Marriage Test

Hooking up a trailer, or installing a window air conditioner.

I am certain that the back-up cameras on newer trucks have saved more marriages than a village full of marriage councilors. For some reason, I could not learn that it is FAR easier (ie, safer) to attach any trailer to my truck without asking my wife to help direct me backing up. Each time, for some reason, I thought, "it will be different this time." And it never was.

Then along came a new F150 with a rear camera and that solved so many miserable starts to a trip with the horse trailer or whatever. There is no doubt I will never own another truck without a back-up camera so long as I'm married (going on 26 yrs now). If you don't have one, get one.

I am certain that the back-up cameras on newer trucks have saved more marriages than a village full of marriage councilors. For some reason, I could not learn that it is FAR easier (ie, safer) to attach any trailer to my truck without asking my wife to help direct me backing up. Each time, for some reason, I thought, "it will be different this time." And it never was.

Then along came a new F150 with a rear camera and that solved so many miserable starts to a trip with the horse trailer or whatever. There is no doubt I will never own another truck without a back-up camera so long as I'm married (going on 26 yrs now). If you don't have one, get one.
Ha!

When my wife and I were car shopping for her it was going to be a 2 week wait for a Camry with a back up camera. She just had to have a car right now, so we skipped the camera… 1 month later her car spent 2 weeks in the shop getting repaired from backing into a light pole.

Back up cameras save marriages.

So far boat issues on the water. We also don’t agree how often we should change spots and how much driving around I do staring at my fish finder before we pick a spot lol

Oh my God my wife used to get so pissed off at me when I would do that. After 20 years she now knows if we're not catching fish we're going to move around to find em.

Oh my God my wife used to get so pissed off at me when I would do that. After 20 years she now knows if we're not catching fish we're going to move around to find em.
My exact thoughts. Towards the end of last summer she was getting better. See what it’s like when we go back in the boat one of these days lol

My wife is the smartest person I know. Valedictorian, full-ride scholarship, masters in epidemiology, etc. She always stays in the boat and I back the trailer down. After way too many mishaps of her trying to drive the boat onto the trailer we have a system. When I'm getting the trailer, she gets a rope hooked to the front of the boat and raises the prop. That's it. When I get the trailer in the water, she tosses me the line and I just pull the boat onto the trailer. Seems like every time I get the boat on and before I start up the ramp, I ask, "prop is up, right"? 9 times out of 10 she'll say, "oh that's right, knew I was forgetting something". :rolleyes:

Sh** our wives do

Ultimate marriage test

"If" the saying "like father, like son" is true, Hunt Talk may not be my best place to look for a husband ;)

Unless, any of you have sons that likes, Rodeos, Ranching, Hunting and music that s not 50 years old :)

Navigating while driving, like while using iPhone map or on-car touch screen.
As a surveyor (and normal person) I know that up is north on a map no matter what direction you’re heading.
I think @Nameless Range knows this too.
My wife, and females in general from my observations, think they need digital maps to be constantly rotated with the direction they’re traveling.

I mean, if we are headed SE, why shouldn’t SE be oriented to the top of the screen!?
Turn right at that last intersection? Obviously the settings must be such that SW is now at the top of the screen.

Sh** our wives do

Ultimate marriage test

"If" the saying "like father, like son" is true, Hunt Talk may not be my best place to look for a husband ;)

Unless, any of you have sons that likes, Rodeos, Ranching, Hunting and music that s not 50 years old :)

no no! this is a thread of success. how we overcame the tests of marriage where the implication is that 90% of the time the husband was the ass and didn't get his boys handed to him on a platter.

oh, but don't we all know, if there was a r/HusbandsofHuntTalk that's where the real juice would be ;)

Severe anxiety married to slight asperger who tries to do everything DIY with little skill. Counselor called it a recipe for disaster, but an amazing testament of our love that we were still together. 12 years September 4th; oh crap I'll be archery hunting in MT!

Ha!

When my wife and I were car shopping for her it was going to be a 2 week wait for a Camry with a back up camera. She just had to have a car right now, so we skipped the camera… 1 month later her car spent 2 weeks in the shop getting repaired from backing into a light pole.

Back up cameras save marriages.
My wife managed to back into another car in a parking lot, with a backup camera and warning system, right after our truck truck got out of the shop for a while--of course she didn't think to call insurance before to reactivate the paused insurance coverage. I got to go to small claims court with her, she did a good job of negotiating the cost though!

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back