Ultimate Marriage Test

I was away for the weekend turkey hunting, my wife wound up in the urgent care walk-in with severe “lower” pain. Nurse tells her she’s almost certain it’s an STD (she had to get tests to confirm on Monday, turned out to be a cyst).

I got home Sunday afternoon, that was a pleasant welcome home. Worst part was I didn’t see a single turkey hunting, but one at my bird feeder when I walked in the house.

I was away for the weekend turkey hunting, my wife wound up in the urgent care walk-in with severe “lower” pain. Nurse tells her she’s almost certain it’s an STD (she had to get tests to confirm on Monday, turned out to be a cyst).

I got home Sunday afternoon, that was a pleasant welcome home. Worst part was I didn’t see a single turkey hunting, but one at my bird feeder when I walked in the house.
You are just lucky you didn't get home to an empty house.

Backing the boat down the ramp

My wife has two married coworkers, both physicians.
Having more money than sense, they just bought a brand new GMC Duramax Denali, and a boat that must be at least $140,000.
On the maiden voyage, something went awry on the ramp, and they both ended up in the bottom of the Colorado river.
the boat had zero hours on it, and the truck had however many miles it takes to get from the dealership to their home, and their home to the river.

Do you think she said “ooops” in the same voice they use when they smash into a curb, or would this have been a little more exciteable?

Me leaving town on a 10 day hunt 48 hours after her hemorrhoid surgery with a 5 month old and 30 month old at the house.

Here’s one I haven’t lived down.

My wife had lasic eye surgery or whatever it is called. She had it while I was on a sheep hunt in the NWT that I won.
She had to take an Uber home and was still so blind the driver had to help her to the door of the house. Then, she was so blind she could barely take care of the dogs for the next couple days.
Horrible that I wasn’t there.

Minor details that get forgotten are;

I won the hunt, which had fixed dates in January. She scheduled her surgery in June.
I bought her sister a plane ticket to come take care of her, which she made her cancel because “it’s an easy outpatient procedure and not a big deal”.

On a side note, reading messages on an InReach from a temporarily blind person is entertaining.

Last edited:
Here’s one I haven’t lived down.

My wife had lasic eye surgery or whatever it is called. She had it while I was on a sheep hunt in the NWT that I won.
She had to take an Uber home and was still so blind the driver had to help her to the door of the house. Then, she was so blind she could barely take care of the dogs for the next couple days.
Horrible that I wasn’t there.

Minor details that get forgotten are;

I won the hunt, which had fixed dates in January. She scheduled her surgery in June.
I bought her sister a plane ticket to come take care of her, which she made her cancel because “it’s an easy outpatient procedure and not a big deal”.

On a side note, reading messages from a temporarily blind person is entertaining.
Sounds like she was a trooper and a good sport about things not going as expected.
Lucky guy . That was my late wife as well ... until we lost our son. Then we fell off the same page. It was a horrible time that almost ruined our marriage (very common in those situations). We finally seemed to drift back together ... shortly before the car accident took her. I read this thread and it brings a smile to my face ... and also clouds my eyes a bit. I hope you know how lucky you are. Enjoy the small disagreements. Better than nothing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back