Ultimate Marriage Test

Driving from Denver to Boston, with everything you own in a uhaul, towing your car, with your dog in the can in the middle.

Doing it straight 34hrs no stops but for gas, because you wife starts her new job on Monday, but had to get surgery in Denver on Thursday.

Oh and it rains the whole trip and the truck leaks…

Wait…

were we supposed to be like situations in general?
We had our belongings in about 3 different places while we were out of our house, living in the in laws and finishing building our house. The weekend we were able to move in, only because we had a working toilet, the weatherman was calling for an all out blizzard. I tried to say we can move in and not have all of our stuff. That went over about like you can imagine. Saturday morning was a white out. After we dropped the first load off my brother and I are returning. I say “o shit” as I’m looking to my left, my brother who is a minister and I don’t think has ever sworn in his life says “o shit”. The 16 foot cargo trailer is beside us as we are going down the road. I floor the gas and somehow come out of it unscathed. We get back to the storage shed and my wife is ready to load another load. We made threee more loads that day.

We were arguing about me going fishing over her “birthday weekend” (not even her birthday.) I had the ace up my sleeve that I just knew would end the argument, and that was simply to say “you sound EXACTLY like your mom when you get mad.”

The argument ended. I didn’t go fishing.

Going canoeing on a rain swollen river, full of sweepers, and the only rain gear is a make-do trash bag with a hole punched out for the head and arms. High temp that day was 50, but it felt like it was close to freezing. And did I mention that the river was up, with sweepers to outmaneuver?? And her hair was a wet and droopy. And it was cooooold. AND HER HAIR WAS EMBARRASSING

We still got married, and 38 years later, we haven't gone river canoeing again.

Home remodels are a blast. Did faux stone on the wall behind the wood stove.
Told her to pick out what colors she wanted so we could have the walls painted and be good where the stone met up in corners. She picked bright blue. I wouldn't have ever gone with that but wasn't going to go down that road.
Needless to say, not after the paint was on the wall with no masonry, only after all the masonry work was done, the decision was made that that bright blue didn't suit.
That was an awesome trip to the paint store. Lol

Back