U.S. says it will cut costs for clean energy projects on public lands

I honestly don't understand why other members make any claims about energy without providing data.

My comment wasn't wrong. Gas prices as of now are rising and will continue to do so for the near future.
The info is out there and easy to verify. Natural gas has been trending up for several years. LNG export facility capacity is rising as well.

Last edited:
My comment wasn't wrong. Gas prices as of now are rising and will continue to do so for the near future.
The info is out there and easy to verify. Natural gas has been trending up for several years.
I think TTF and JKM have been below Henry Hub maybe twice since I was in high school... so if high is defined by what the world pays then US gas is very cheap.

In the early 00s we hit above $12 and recently we haven't even made it to $10, and the US probably has more capacity to turn on gas then even oil so I think "through the roof" isn't accurate nor is it likely.

We produce more than the next 2 countries combined, to the point we produce so much that folks have been flaring it. So quite the opposite until recently supply has far outstripped demand and we had more gas then we knew what to do with.

Last edited:
I think TTF and JKM have been below Henry Hub maybe twice since I was in high school... so if high is defined by what the world pays then US gas is very cheap.

In the early 00s we hit above $12 and recently we haven't even made it to $10, and the US probably has more capacity to turn on gas then even oil so I think "through the roof" isn't accurate nor is it likely.

We produce more than the next 2 countries combined, to the point we produce so much that folks have been flaring it. So quite the opposite until recently supply has far outstripped demand and we had more gas then we knew what to do with.
I'm sure you have seen the number of LNG export projects that are in the pipeline.

Europe's ridiculous energy policies have put them in the position they are now in. Good that we are not in that position and have an abundant and still affordable supply of natural gas. For now.
European energy policy will drive our nat gas prices up and in fact already is.
Plus people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. We haven't had a coherent energy policy in decades.

I'm sure you have seen the number of LNG export projects that are in the pipeline.
Lol a buddy at Exxon got a call the other day asking about the feasibility of a transatlantic pipeline 😂 so yeah people see an opportunity.

The original argument was that NG was what put the nail in the coffin of coal, which it certainly did… I mean just physics it’s way cheaper to move a BTU of heat via NG than via Coal.

There is a lot of room for expansion with US shale gas, certainly exports keep prices higher than without, but that will cause some expansion of supply… yada yada yada… anyway hard to know the stabilization price but net net it’s good for the US to be Europe’s supplier and not Russia.

Lol a buddy at Exxon got a call the other day asking about the feasibility of a transatlantic pipeline 😂 so yeah people see an opportunity.

The original argument was that NG was what put the nail in the coffin of coal, which it certainly did… I mean just physics it’s way cheaper to move a BTU of heat via NG than via Coal.

There is a lot of room for expansion with US shale gas, certainly exports keep prices higher than without, but that will cause some expansion of supply… yada yada yada… anyway hard to know the stabilization price but net net it’s good for the US to be Europe’s supplier and not Russia.
Supplying Europe with NG would be good, assuming Europe remains solvent.

I worked in the power industry during the Obama years. The narrative that gas killed coal supply isn't true. Coal was perceived to be dying before gas got cheap. Even after gas got cheap on a per MW basis most coal plants where still cheaper. EPA rules(NSPS,ESPS,CSPR,MATS,MACT,CCR, CW rules) and threat of future rules are what killed coal. Again, I was there and involved in the conversations.

I worked in the power industry during the Obama years. The narrative that gas killed coal supply isn't true. Coal was perceived to be dying before gas got cheap. Even after gas got cheap on a per MW basis most coal plants where still cheaper. EPA rules(NSPS,ESPS,CSPR,MATS,MACT,CCR, CW rules) and threat of future rules are what killed coal. Again, I was there and involved in the conversations.
Inspite of what John Kerry is telling everyone, China is burning a lot of coal, and selling excess contracted LNG to Europe at a very good profit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back