Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

trojan horse

Europe

At least one candidate has exited the trojan horse that many Democratic "president want a be's" were using when speaking about gun control

O'Rourke-----" Hell yes we are going to take your Ar.15's and AR. 47's" and he has also had t shirts printed up making somewhat the same statement.

Warren, is still working from inside the trojan horse , but is getting bolder. "We will control firearms through a series of legislation that must be passed and we will" ( I believe this is what she said although I do not have her quote in front of me )

I read the threads about "single shot Joe" and the Ar 10 nd 15 thread, and the boldness last night might have been just someone wanting to boost their campaign, but -----

Will the populace vote their pocketbook ( the economy is very good right now ) or look and consider other concerns---immigration, Supreme Court ( at least two will retire or pass soon ), Gun control, Climate, Health care, reproduction rights, civil liberties,---

Although I admit I am from a completely different generation and I am now probably considered to be "too far to the right", at one time, I was easily "smack dab in the middle". I haven't changed--- I feel the same way I did in the 40's and 50.s and apparently, that is the problem.

Does motherhood and apple pie even exist anywhere any more ? I am afraid to say things that I have said for years. Recently, the family received some very good news, and I said, "now we are walking in high cotton" and was told that is a raciest statement, although I am not now nor ever have been racist. I called a young lady ( probably mid 30"s ) "honey"-when she served me coffee recently- I said "thanks honey" and she said dont call me honey it is sexist-

Anyway, O.Rouke and Warren are no longer living in the Trojan horse at least on the gun control issue --or---have I misunderstood them as well as your opinion on their statements ?

From my perspective of last night's debate, it's looking like it's going to be Warren. You have not misunderstood them Europe. They believe what they are saying. Interesting times we live in.

This is the part that kind of scares me in current times. People tend to get 100% sold out on things without necessarily considering other viewpoints. That, or they are listening to the extremely loud, but small, portion of the populace. I think the reason people were so shocked when Trump won in 2016 is partly because a lot of people that voted for him sat at home and didn't fill out surveys, answer political phone calls, or shout about their beliefs. They just listened quietly and then voted based upon their preferences. The quiet majority cannot be ignored.

Would love to have a moderate, rational, well-spoken, humble, public servant from any party that can consider and communicate the complexities of nuanced issues, that actually has a chance to win. Oh wait, this is politics. Never mind.

Middle of the road finds me in the middle of the woods.

Screen_Shot_2018-12-10_at_6.08.23_PM_1024x1024.png
I wish more politicians took this approach lol. (Courtesy of the MeatEater team)

Things that don't adapt and change...die.

BuzzH

I am peddling as fast as I can, but things are changing faster than I can peddle . lol the changes I dont agree with, I attempt to show a different side or solution to, but it seems, more than ever before, we have a large number of folks who's slogan could or should be "dont confuse me with the facts, my mind is made up" Some even prefer to yell and destroy property than to have a conversation. I lived through the 60's , but find some, certainly not all, are even further off the reservation than they were back then. Just my opinion, which with a nickel will buy you absolutely nothing

Ben Lamb, Yes, if you notice in my first post I listed a few items that are, or should be important to us, not just guns. I will readily admit I wanted someone in office who would appoint more conservative justices. Put even that has become so toxic that you better also have a majority in the Senate . But you are correct. We have mainstream journalist who are openly hoping for a recession before Nov. 2020, but I digress

Sadly both Republican and Democrat parties have replaced nuance with sound bite positions to provoke a Pavelovian response from their supporters.
Everyone picks their man from the priority they place on the issues they care about and how well they perceive their candidate can affect the issues and then tries to minimize the glaring inconsistencies or flat out wrong positions the same candidate or party has on other issues.

Neither party has the ability to change the natural and logical consequences of a society that has ceased to think and act in harmony with God’s design for mankind.

This is the new normal. Expect continued senseless violence and erosion of personal freedom as society demands its government protect them from the products of their worldview and frustrated leaders respond in the only way they know how.

The consonant behind the party name only indicates how fast the inevitable progresses.

The liberals media muffling children of today to forget the Hilter (1945), Milosevic (1992) of yesterday. Genocide, Ethnic cleansing... Yet, they sit jaw dropped their queen lost to a tv "reality" host...

Without the second there is no first. Without the first there is no freedom.

At the end of the day, most vote based on their pocket book and the state of the economy, even though that is often not admitted.
If the economy and the markets continue to rip higher, you can bet the incumbent gets re-elected and exit polls will again be crap because many don’t speak the truth regarding how they vote for fear of repercussions and being branded as a certain type.
If the economy tanks between now and Nov 2020 then a sea change will likely be the case.

At the end of the day, most vote based on their pocket book and the state of the economy, even though that is often not admitted.
If the economy and the markets continue to rip higher, you can bet the incumbent gets re-elected and exit polls will again be crap because many don’t speak the truth regarding how they vote for fear of repercussions and being branded as a certain type.
If the economy tanks between now and Nov 2020 then a sea change will likely be the case.

I shudder to think what that leftist change will be. Things are going to get very messy, is the leftist fools take over this country. Third world, here we come.

Neither party has the ability to change the natural and logical consequences of a society that has ceased to think and act in harmony with God’s design for mankind.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have made no secret that I am a Christian . I have stated in several posts. God, Family, Country.

and I am certainly not trying push my views onto anyone else, but did want to say that "Christianity" is also under assault in America and just wanted to recite something that was said by a man many Democrats believe was the best president ever, and maybe he was. He certainly led us through most of the war and by todays standards he might even be a Republican. But he was a Democrat and said.

We cannot read the history of our rise and devolopment as a nation, without reckoning with the place the bible has occupied in shaping the advances of the Republic. Here we have been the truest and most consistent in obeying its precepts, we have attained the greatest measure of contentment and prosperity , Franklin D. Roosevelt

But to lighten this up a bit. I had to laugh at myself after I made the post before this one, as I had forgotten that I was "corrected" just a week or so ago, whenI said "off the reservation " and was told that, that statement was offensive to Indians.

As noharleyyet said above ( in a different way ), do we all just hear what we want to hear or perhaps ignore what we dont like in order to obtain something ( hopefully ) that is important to us individually ?

I enjoyed reading everyones post, thank you

Last edited:
Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back