Yeti GOBOX Collection

Time to upgrade pickup?

Throw this idea out there.
My last pickup i bought was a used Chevy Duramax 2500 crew cab. 8 ft bed
I put high rise cap on it.

I will never ever own anything ever again without 8 ft bed.. Amazing to have a truck that can haul so much..
Especially plywood and 2x4s that fit with Tailgate closed...
Besides my two outstanding Tacomas, like a fool, I sold; I had a 2002 Ford 350 diesel 5.7. Like a fool I sold. It too had the 8 ft bed. What a great truck, I hope whoever bought it is enjoying it as much as I. Should have taken my medicine!!

Fellas, I'm looking for some advice on potentially upgrading my pickup. I've got a 2013 Tundra with 153k miles on it. The pickup has been completely reliable the entire time I've owned it.

I've been trying to hold off the desire to trade it in or sell it outright but the wandering mind hasn't gone away. I've been looking at the 21-22ish Tundras as well as the Titans. If I had to pick right now I would probably go with the Titan.

What are your thoughts?
What you want for the tundra?

The problem is using them in the mountains. A long bed with a crew cab is a pain in the ass on tight forest service roads.
Well, every forest road i have taken it on in the last 4 years is just fine.
I'm not driving jeep trails with it. I just hike

I'm starting to poke around also. I have an '18 Tacoma with 106k so it still looks and drives like new but want to get an RV and one bigger than my taco can pull. I've had both a Titan (2012) and Tundra (2013) and would take the Titan all day every day over the Tundra. With Nissan discontinuing the Titan and its anemic 26-gallon gas tank, it's pretty much out of the running. I'll never own anther Ford or Chevy, so I'm down to Tundra or Ram, and probably a 2500 gas model. I'm not sold on the twin turbo V6 so at the moment I'm leaning Ram. I don't really need to do anything until 2025 so will continue to research and see how things go.
Here’s what I tow with my Tacoma. Couple little mods but plenty of power!IMG_0390.jpeg

I am in the camp of always looking at what's new but it is hard to pull the trigger. I tend to keep cars for 10-15 years. Now for the first time, I am looking to go backwards. I sold my 2007 Silverado in 2020 and kind of regret it. Had no issues through almost 200k miles. I have had a GMC 1500 AT4 for almost 4 years and it has every bell and whistle but I rarely drive it anymore. Now they are selling for what I have into it and was thinking about selling, buying a 10-14 year old diesel and a car with money leftover. Wife isn't completely sold but it would be nice to have a few extra $K's to use as needed for fishing and hunting stuff. Also, seems like right time to do something like this.

Yep, this thread answered it for me. I’ll stick with my original plan of 250k or bust.

Hell yeah. I bought this truck with 70k miles on it and that check engine light has been on for about 60k miles. Original engine still chooglin.

Not a Toyota, but there’s a hell of a lot of wisdom in “If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.” Even more so if fixin it’s gonna cost ya the average persons annual take home salary.

IMG_6608.jpeg

Hell yeah. I bought this truck with 70k miles on it and that check engine light has been on for about 60k miles. Original engine still chooglin.

Not a Toyota, but there’s a hell of a lot of wisdom in “If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.” Even more so if fixin it’s gonna cost ya the average persons annual take home salary.

View attachment 305827
I got up to 278k on my 2007 Silverado before I sold it last year and bought a 2018.

A lot of the time, the check engine light is on for something stupid that doesn't matter... O2 sensor or something along those lines was always what my light was on for.

I like the 2018 a lot. This was before the dozens of sensors and cameras they have added to most trucks now. A backup camera is super nice when I'm consistently backing up to trailers. Never miss now!

Traded a 2006 tacoma in for my 15 sierra a few months ago. The taco had close to 300k on it, but the front end was falling out of it. Gotta love Ohio winters

I
I got up to 278k on my 2007 Silverado before I sold it last year and bought a 2018.

A lot of the time, the check engine light is on for something stupid that doesn't matter... O2 sensor or something along those lines was always what my light was on for.

I like the 2018 a lot. This was before the dozens of sensors and cameras they have added to most trucks now. A backup camera is super nice when I'm consistently backing up to trailers. Never miss now!
I had a 2006 suburban and overtime I filled the tank the 02 sensor would come on. I was in Baja the last time it occurred and a handy shade tree mechanic bypassed something and it never again came on.😁

You probably have one of the most reliable vehicles ever made and you'll likely be disappointed with any newer Toyota other than the tech goodies, which are admittedly very nice. Issue I have with the new Tundras is no tow hooks! WTF?! You could probably sell that Tundra to some CU Boulder freshmen for what you paid for it, however.

I had a 2003 silverado that I put 280,000 on. Dealership had a hard time believing I was the original owner. I did put a new transmission in at around 180,000. It was really starting to rust out bad. Had to dump it and buy a small suv after a divorce. Driving a ranger tremor now that I really like. Id buy a tundra if I was in the market for a half ton. No tow hooks was a big miss in my opinion on the latest gen.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back