Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Time to upgrade pickup?

I can’t wait to bully the first person I see driving one of those. Guessing I’ll have to go to Bozeman to see one in the wild though.
It might be me if I hit the lottery. I think that thing is sweet. It beat a Porsche 911 while towing a Porsche 911, thats freaking cool.

Research HEAVILY before diving into a new model year. I think once you do youll run in the opposite direction. I had one on order and all kinds of negative came outta the woodwork. Including Toyota mechanics. Bit the bullet and went with a new 2023 F250 4X4 6.7 powerstroke. 21 mpg and sooooo glad I did. Hellova truck
Never seem to get that mileage but always pulling something on our trips. Side with all the comments about getting a diesel stuck 😐

Never seem to get that mileage but always pulling something on our trips. Side with all the comments about getting a diesel stuck 😐
Eco mode...Im not heavy footed either. It SHOCKED ME when it avg'd this mpg. Same as my f150 3.6 - 2wd. 10 spd. Is the definately the reason.

I got up to 278k on my 2007 Silverado before I sold it last year and bought a 2018.

A lot of the time, the check engine light is on for something stupid that doesn't matter... O2 sensor or something along those lines was always what my light was on for.

I like the 2018 a lot. This was before the dozens of sensors and cameras they have added to most trucks now. A backup camera is super nice when I'm consistently backing up to trailers. Never miss now!
Those GMC/chevy trucks of that era are killer. I was planning to get another 150k outta mine. Still mourning.

Give that itch some time and it will go away. I've got a 14' tundra with 155k and the biggest issue I've had so far was the radiator fan clutch needed replaced. I wanted a new truck too for a while but with no truck issues it's more fun seeing my investments grow.

Those GMC/chevy trucks of that era are killer. I was planning to get another 150k outta mine. Still mourning.
I loved mine. Problem was and usually is the rust around here. No matter how often you wash it and no matter what you do, that shit is hard on vehicles!

My '08 chevy 1500 did something weird that almost killed me multiple times. According to a bulletin my trustworthy mechanic showed me, Chevrolet knew about the issue.

The throttle body sensors would glitch, causing my engine to redline while in drive, while the brakes simultaneously failed - mush to the floor. To reset it, I had to put the truck in neutral while flying down the road uncontrollably, turn it off, then on, and poof - back to normal like nothing happened.

They never did a recall because not enough people died from the issue. Mechanic said they phase out faulty parts like that and let the issue resolve itself. I drive a 2020 chevy now and still do not trust it because of that experience.

My '08 chevy 1500 did something weird that almost killed me multiple times. According to a bulletin my trustworthy mechanic showed me, Chevrolet knew about the issue.

The throttle body sensors would glitch, causing my engine to redline while in drive, while the brakes simultaneously failed - mush to the floor. To reset it, I had to put the truck in neutral while flying down the road uncontrollably, turn it off, then on, and poof - back to normal like nothing happened.

They never did a recall because not enough people died from the issue. Mechanic said they phase out faulty parts like that and let the issue resolve itself. I drive a 2020 chevy now and still do not trust it because of that experience.
Doesn't seem like something that a manufacturer could hide and just ignore. Also, no throttle body on an 08 GM truck. mtmuley

Doesn't seem like something that a manufacturer could hide and just ignore. Also, no throttle body on an 08 GM truck. mtmuley
They did and there is - google it... Watched chevy replace it under warranty with 8,000 mi on the truck from 3 feet away. You can imagine my anger. Didnt fix it the problem either.

I'm in the pay it off and drive it till it dies camp. Nothing like NOT having a car payment.

I like the fact that my "truck" (2016 Expedition bought used in 2019) has enough dings that I don't worry about it. I like to add useful mods over time. This satisfies the "I need something new" desire for me, and at a fraction of the cost while actually improving the utility of my truck.

Adding a rear locking differential to my 2016 Expedition next Tuesday. I've added OEM front tow hooks, and even a front receiver hitch so I can haul a dirt bike in front and back on hitch carriers. Also can move the winch to front or back, since it's mounted on a hitch carrier too. :)

Screenshot_20240103_091755_Chrome.jpg
KX250F on Hitch Carrier.jpg
20230327_151911.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in the pay it off and drive it till it dies camp. Nothing like NOT having a car payment.

I like the fact that my "truck" (2016 Expedition bought used in 2019) has enough dings that I don't worry about it. I like to add useful mods over time. This satisfies the "I need something new" desire for me, and at a fraction of the cost while actually improving the utility of my truck.

Adding a rear locking differential to my 2016 Expedition next Tuesday. I've added OEM front tow hooks, and even a front receiver hitch so I can haul a dirt bike in front and back on hitch carriers. Also can move the winch to front or back, since it's mounted on a hitch carrier too. :)

View attachment 308855
View attachment 308861
View attachment 308860
My dude, in all respect to you and just being honest... that small ring on your triple clamp for the tie-down is SUPER sketchy. Get a spring saver (or a piece of 2x4) to prevent movement on the compression of the forks, and loop the tie-down over the handlebars where they belong. That set up is a recipe for disaster...

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back