Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Time to upgrade pickup?

Schaaf

Fellas, I'm looking for some advice on potentially upgrading my pickup. I've got a 2013 Tundra with 153k miles on it. The pickup has been completely reliable the entire time I've owned it.

I've been trying to hold off the desire to trade it in or sell it outright but the wandering mind hasn't gone away. I've been looking at the 21-22ish Tundras as well as the Titans. If I had to pick right now I would probably go with the Titan.

What are your thoughts?

Fellas, I'm looking for some advice on potentially upgrading my pickup. I've got a 2013 Tundra with 153k miles on it. The pickup has been completely reliable the entire time I've owned it.

I've been trying to hold off the desire to trade it in or sell it outright but the wandering mind hasn't gone away. I've been looking at the 21-22ish Tundras as well as the Titans. If I had to pick right now I would probably go with the Titan.

What are your thoughts?
I’m in the same exact situation. 2012 with 150k.

I’d stay away from the full size Nissans if you intend to have it for an extended period of time. I’d also avoid the 2022 tundras. 2023s are better and can be found lightly used, thats a better option than a 2022. For the price of a used 2021, I’m leaning towards waiting to pick up a used 2024. 3 model years and I think Toyota will have most of the kinks worked out in the gen 3s. But if 1 high cost repair comes due I mighve wished I did something sooner. Debating real hard about finding a lightly used 2023.

Sounds like you have another 100k for the dependable Tundra.🤷‍♂️

185k on my ‘16. As much as I want a ‘24, I don’t have a good reason and interest rates are helping me with that decision.
If not for the grass is greener mindset I've found myself in, my plan was to put 250k on the 13 before entertaining a new pickup.

6% interest rates certainly don't help the case of adding a vehicle loan.

Just got a 2020 tundra and absolutely love it so far. The thing is haven't had it long enough to give any reviews yet.

I've got 172k on my '17 Tundra. New ones are give or take $65k. I paid $42k for the '17.
Went a different route and bought a '21 Frontier new for $34k. Got in before rates cranked up. That's my runner now , trying to split up on average 35,000 miles a year.
Like to see if I can make the Tundra last another 8 years averaging 15,000 miles a year, or less.
Buddy has a Tundra with 300k on it, no major issues.
It's all a game.
Sad the new Tundras are butt ugly.😒

What are your thoughts?
Do some research. I can't remember the exact year, but Tundras had a problem with a seal in the engine that was a difficult fix. It was behind the engine and the the whole dashboard and engine had to be removed. I think there was a recall on it. To Toyota's credit, they fixed the supplier issue fast, so not all have the problem.

Do some research. I can't remember the exact year, but Tundras had a problem with a seal in the engine that was a difficult fix. It was behind the engine and the the whole dashboard and engine had to be removed. I think there was a recall on it. To Toyota's credit, they fixed the supplier issue fast, so not all have the problem.
Cam tower oil leak?

What are your thoughts?
I know of a dandy 2017 for sale if you need to scratch that itch. If it were me I’d keep the 13 if it’s in good shape though. The problem with Toyotas is you get tired of them before they wear out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back