Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Thoughts on this bailout and “stimulus”?

A dynamic approach. Provide testing and travel recommendations for high risks groups. Provide specific guidelines for health care facilities. Let the severity of the outbreak determine our actions and not the media.

Maybe inject some honesty and responsibility into our words and narratives. Calling this a Pandemic is blatantly false. Maybe start calling out our media for pushing said narratives?

Russia, Russia, Russia, Impeachment, Impeachment, Impeachment, Pandemic...When do we kick these propagandist to the curb?
So thousands of people aren't dying around the world? The 1 million+ cases and the 51,000+ deaths are all just lies?
Your flippant attitude makes me worry about your family and those around you.
I won't tell you to stay safe because there is nothing to worry about, right?

Well said, but that makes entirely too much sense to happen! You know how much Americans like the news! If we kick them to the curb we may have to accept blame when things don’t go our way...
The virus is killing the news business and they are now looking for a stimulus check too. :)

Dude, that is some cryptic sh!t. I think I agree, not sure though. I do believe the population gets the leaders they deserve. So yes, the destination is set.
I do not believe the narrative that to fight the virus you have to shut down and wreck the economy, so I'm not sure I agree with the implied decision part, but I might be misunderstanding.
:ROFLMAO: Yeah, in retrospect it was cryptic. Made sense to me at the time.
What I meant is that it is a false choice - fight virus by shutting down the economy or leave economy open and avoid recession. The recession was going to happen anyway. People tend to get really into social distancing on their own when people around them are dropping dead left and right and the government says it is from a new virus. The fact that the government asked us to do so just gives people the idea that this is a choice. It isn't. The path is whether 100m people get this in 6 months or in 18 months. We chose the latter to keep from overwhelming our healthcare system, which prevents people dropping dead from other treatable reasons because they can't get the proper care in the right time to save them.

I do agree that the economy has hit a brick wall. I don't think we completely understand the magnitude of what has happened and we certainly don't know the length of the impact or the long term changes that might last after. I do know that we will cast aside American principles of capitalism. We are throwing money at every industry that says they are trying to save employees from layoffs. It would have been cheaper to give the laid off employees money, but that is not how our political system works, as you clearly know. We get the government we deserve. The way it looks right now, the decision we make is November will go down as the worst choice in the history of choices. :rolleyes:

A dynamic approach. Provide testing and travel recommendations for high risks groups. Provide specific guidelines for health care facilities. Let the severity of the outbreak determine our actions and not the media.

Maybe inject some honesty and responsibility into our words and narratives. Calling this a Pandemic is blatantly false. Maybe start calling out our media for pushing said narratives?

Russia, Russia, Russia, Impeachment, Impeachment, Impeachment, Pandemic...When do we kick these propagandist to the curb?
Are you really implying the media is directing the national response?

What if it's not that black and white? What if the people dying already had pre-existing conditions and those numbers are being reallocated? What if Como and Weinstein are fakers? What if humans carry a massive viral load normally and this thing already existed in the wild and will show up in subsequent tests? What if we have been dealing with these type numbers in seasonal flu's forever? Food for thought.

So thousands of people aren't dying around the world? The 1 million+ cases and the 51,000+ deaths are all just lies?
Your flippant attitude makes me worry about your family and those around you.
I won't tell you to stay safe because there is nothing to worry about, right?

100%, along with the good folks at Pepfar. The lady you see standing next to Trump, is up to her eyeballs in corruption.

Imagine this and I can because I'm unplugged from the MSM. Imagine if you did not have a TV pushing this narrative into your household. What would you know or care about the coronavirus? What do you see in your town when you look around? Are the hospitals overflowing? People sick with a Pandemic? I see the opposite, I see people harmed by the response.

Are you really implying the media is directing the national response?

dynamic approach. Provide testing and travel recommendations for high risks groups. Provide specific guidelines for health care facilities. Let the severity of the outbreak determine our actions and not the media.
You are atill thinking of this one dimensionally. Your idea might work with a decent amount of herd immunity, but A lot of healthcare facilities have stopped doing elective surgeries, mostly because the PPE gear was needed in ER and ICU, but also because they don’t want to be the center where a nurse or surgeon caught the virus and passed it on to patients. Do you want to be a restaurant owner discovered as the center of a cluster? Decisions are made in multiple dimensions. See Big Fin’s post on content ideas. Unfortunately, in this case there are no good options.

100%, along with the good folks at Pepfar. The lady you see standing next to Trump, is up to her eyeballs in corruption.

Imagine this and I can because I'm unplugged from the MSM. Imagine if you did not have a TV pushing this narrative into your household. What would you know or care about the coronavirus? What do you see in your town when you look around? Are the hospitals overflowing? People sick with a Pandemic? I see the opposite, I see people harmed by the response.
Sorry, I'm not taking the time to read your links.

I have friends that work in health care. This is not a media narrative. The health care system is stressed.

I have friends who have relatives who died.

Hospitals are not overflowing where I live because of measures taken. It doesn't take much imagination to look at some areas hit hard and realize that could be anywhere in the US if preventative measures are not taken.

Yes, people are harmed by the response. Thinking they aren't is quite simply as dumb as thinking this pandemic doesn't pose a huge threat to our country and the world.

If you think the media is driving the response, tell your POTUS to quit being such a pussy and letting them direct his actions.

Edit: Kicking the propogandists to the curb is a great slogan, until one realizes the BS behind it. No one is forced to read anything. I read news sources from a variety of periodicals. Somme I laugh at, and some I use to compare against other periodicals as a check against writer bias. Heavy stuff, I know. Anyone who relies on a single news source probably votes in the same way.

Last edited by a moderator:
What if it's not that black and white? What if the people dying already had pre-existing conditions and those numbers are being reallocated? What if Como and Weinstein are fakers? What if humans carry a massive viral load normally and this thing already existed in the wild and will show up in subsequent tests? What if we have been dealing with these type numbers in seasonal flu's forever? Food for thought.

In my mind it's all about the number of hospitalizations, those numbers aren't made up or exaggerated. None of the other data really maters, if our health care system is being inundated that is a problem, if you have an medical emergency and can't be treated because the resources are being dominated by Covid patients that's a problem.

Ask anyone, the hospitals are ghost towns. The media will show you the one hospital in Italy over and over. As SAJ-99 mentioned above, the response is keeping healthcare providers from proceeding as normal, not the disease. Anywho, peace and chicken grease till later.

In my mind it's all about the number of hospitalizations, those numbers aren't made up or exaggerated. None of other data really maters, if our health care system is being inundated that is a problem, if you have an medical emergency and can't be treated because the resources are being dominated by Covid patients that's a problem.

Ask anyone, the hospitals are ghost towns. The media will show you the one hospital in Italy over and over. As SAJ-99 mentioned above, the response is keeping healthcare providers from proceeding as normal, not the disease. Anywho, peace and chicken grease till later.
Simply not sure. In heavy hit areas, ERs and ICUs are overwhelmed because they have the normal flow of ailments plus the virus You misunderstood my post. I said elective surgeries have been stopped. Part because the lack of simple protective gear. But even if there were enough masks and gowns and all the equipment, certain stuff would have been stopped because of the secondary effects. When you run a business, your reputation is your most valuable asset.

What do you see in your town when you look around? Are the hospitals overflowing? People sick with a Pandemic? I see the opposite, I see people harmed by the response.

Local Population spread out, about 100,000 souls. Mat-Su area of AK. Three verified with kung flu, in the past week. "Non essential" business is closed by Gobberment. Low oil price, cancelled tourism, cancelled hunts/recreation.
Feels like a setup for a massive tsunami. The waters are being sucked out, father than ever before. Still no toilet paper?

Interesting. When I saw this article on StarTribune.com initially the headline was something close to, "Pelosi agrees to leave out non-pandemic wish list of Dems from next package" and the top picture was of her. Then a few minutes later it switches pics, titles and reorganizes the article. Welcome to online publishing I guess.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back