This Should Be Interesting

I'm now looking forward to watching 60 minutes on Sunday.

If any hunter was going to be interviewed on this subject - I am very thankful it was Randy.

No risk, no reward.

Think if Theodore Roosevelt wouldn't have taken political and career risks for what he held dear.

There will be a spin one way or the other depending on what a viewers slant is, and we all have them. A good interviewer can see both sides and report it accordingly. But we all know how frailly thin that trust line can be.

The respect, attitude and passion you have, will hopefully bleed through, no matter the twist . Hope for the best, expect the worst. Knowledge and passion combine for a wicked combination, that can be a source of illumination.

There's little doubt in my mind if it goes sideways, we could be very surprised how it could lead to more of a dialogue and get more people motivated to get involved and move off the armchairs.

Truly hope it goes well, even if it's not immediate or seems like it goes sour. Sometimes a slanted, total attack on you or your platform might appear on the surface as a nightmare, but it could get people who might not be active in the political process agitated enough to get involved.

Good luck with it. Hoping it at minimal, leads to some clarity, cracking open doors even a sliver, for future discussions with opposing views that can lead to a bridge building process. It might not resolve anything, but it could be a small stepping stone to something.

You are the best representative for hunters out there. I know you did your research and was careful not to say anything that could be used against you. I can’t wait to watch

The press are not to be trusted that's for sure.

Good luck,
Dan

I know the common names like Fox and CNN that are typically used for this fake news/untrustworthy press position. Does 60 minutes have any history of biased stories that would create this pause/distrust about doing this, or is it just the general skepticism of the press (which I'm not saying is unwarranted). Don't watch much of their content.

Thanks for being willing to provide a unique and necessary perspective. I hope they are intellectually honest with the portrayal. We all need to take a chapter from your book by being able to articulate why we hunt, why hunting is an overwhelming positive for conservation, why certain policies concerning hunting help/hurt conservation, why hunters provide some of the most insightful and concrete information on wildlife management, and why hunting should continue as the primary source of wildlife management.

Very much looking forward to watching.

Should be interesting! I remember watching a grizzly bear segment some years with Leslie Stahl and was pleasantly suprised how it turned out.

We had a pretty good run my friend.
I had an old 45 record where the voice asked a question then a short blurb from a song was played in response. Voice: what did you say when you fell off the tilt a whirl? Song: I’m so dizzy my head is spinning.
If your interview is chopped up with little context then you’ll be selling your platforms to Midwest deer shows.
But I think you are genuine and I think the media will do you solid. Still, I’m going to wait til Monday to invest in you financially.��

I think 60 minutes is one of the last true news programs out there. I think they do a pretty good job overall. I’m not a huge fan of Norah Odonnell, but most of their reporters are pretty good. Hopefully they do this story justice.

I'm sure you spoke from the heart and what your perspective of the wolf re-introduction has been. That is good enough for me and should be for the rest of us. I have complete faith in you Randy.

David

Boy, it's been a long time since I watched 60 minutes. TV is too good at playing the emotion card. However - we need to be telling our story, whether or not the rest of the world treats it with respect.

IMO you did the right thing. I look forward to watching the show, and your future videos.

I know the common names like Fox and CNN that are typically used for this fake news/untrustworthy press position. Does 60 minutes have any history of biased stories that would create this pause/distrust about doing this, or is it just the general skepticism of the press (which I'm not saying is unwarranted). Don't watch much of their content.

No experience with 60 minutes but plenty of experience with local media. Most are good but there are always the exception. I'll leave it at that.

Dan

Thank you Randy. You are the most qualified person to speak about this, IMO. Although, Buzz would get better ratings with his colorful colloquialisms.

Looking forward to watching it. Hopefully your message is accurately delivered and not altered to fit someone else’s agenda.

It will be interesting to watch for sure. One thing I've noticed and learned being around Randy is that he tends to keep a level head on issues and evaluates situations without jumping to extreme conclusions. My guess is that many may be disappointed by the lack of "kill them all" that they won't be hearing. My bet is he will get as much blowback from the hunting world as the non hunting. Just a total guess on this. I admit I haven't even had a discussion about wolves with him ever and we've visited a lot. I could be wrong and probably am. Thanks for at least being willing to talk about this on national tv Randy. You'll continue to grow despite whatever the outcome is.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back