They hunt in France?

Let's all be a bit careful of throwing out insults to the French about their actions during WW2 and the USA taking all the credit.

Canada was in WW2 right from the start, and I have allot of relative that died on beaches alongside French allies. WW2 was a dirty fiasco.

Let's not forget that the Americans didnt really get their boots dirty in Europe until 1940, after the collapse of France. And dont think that the US came to the rescue in Europe, because after Perl Harbour, the US pulled out of France to focus on the Japanese. This was a good move, but left Canada and Great Britain to finish the show against Hitler.

All I am saying is that we all had a role to play in WW2 and thank goodness we were all in it together......

Let’s not forget that if it wasn’t for the USA’s actions in the 1940’s, France today would be located in southwestern Germany.
And would be MUCH better for it......BTW, if you want to give credit for the Allies ability to win the war in Europe you damn well better be ready to acknowledge (although it is painful) the 20+ million Soviets that died fighting the Germans on the brutal eastern front. Without that front, we ALL would have been run over in Europe.

Last edited:
In all seriousness the French memes are brutally funny. But I love the French I really enjoyed my interactions with French travelers anytime I have been on overseas adventures.

And would be MUCH better for it......BTW, if you want to give credit for the Allies ability to win the war in Europe you damn well better be ready to acknowledge (although it is painful) the 20+ million Soviets that died fighting the Germans on the brutal eastern front. Without that front, we ALL would have been run over in Europe.

Oh, I’m ready to acknowledge the Soviet’s sacrifices... certainly. The fairly routine and expected (but still funny) ridicule of the French aside, I completely understand that it was a combined effort from all involved which brought the war to an end. I’m not sure if the same result would have occurred without ANY of the moving parts that came together to stand up to the Axis forces. While that includes the French citizens and armed forces, doesn’t mean that we can’t poke fun at them as I’m sure they do of us. What next, we can’t make fun of those shifty Canadians? 😄

Attachments

• 7E13FE2D-CA0C-442E-9A8D-22C34D04C2E1.jpeg
    7E13FE2D-CA0C-442E-9A8D-22C34D04C2E1.jpeg
    76.7 KB · Views: 2
If it wasn’t for the English Channel the Nazis would have overrun Great Britain too. Nobody was equipped to stop them at that time.

What next, we can’t make fun of those shifty Canadians? 😄

We would be in a little better shape, hunting wise ar least, if you would keep people like Miley Cyrus out of our wildlife decisions. i.e. Ban on hunting grizzly in B.C.

However: while she was here for her protest against trophy hunting and during her photo op in the wet and cold mountains of B.C. the world finally knew what she looked like with clothes on.

My grandfather told me that some Yanks crossed the border and joined the Canucks and Brits to fight the German's, even before america joined the war officially. He also said that the French "underground" helped as well, so there might have been one or two French citizens willing to fight the Germans. I am sure the English channel also helped--and that was a good thing. A lot of people from a lot of countries lost their lives, including some from France.

If it wasn’t for the English Channel the Nazis would have overrun Great Britain too. Nobody was equipped to stop them at that time.
Many countries contributed to defeating the Nazis, but I think this photo summed up why, even if the Germans had crossed the channel to my country, they would of had a really stubborn enemy to defeat on their own soil.
Cheers
Richard

I trained with the English also, the French wouldn't even think about showing up in an English club during joint exercises.
You should watch the six nations rugby, no love lost between us English and the French, but they did beat us in the last game, and they are pretty damned good at Rugby!

But back to the original post, there is a lot of hunting available in France, a few years ago I was offered the opportunity to hunt driven boar and Chamois hunting, I wish I had taken that offer up, I fear the chap who offered it might have passed away, he was getting on in years :(

Cheers

Richard

Can we please not let the facts get in the way of a good french bashing. Let's not forget this guy arguably the best general in French history but not actually french.c2dc0c06aa1f3bf31846d5f4ecdce1c3.jpgsu59rl3a1eh11.jpg

Back