Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Cool places that only hunters and outdoorsmen can really appreciate. (bars, restaurants and hotels)

There are places across the nation that seem to draw outdoorsmen because of their taxidermy collection or overall vibe that resonates with us as outdoorsmen. My entry for that is Fosters Bighorn bar in Rio Vista CA

https://www.sfgate.com/travel/artic...6jgswVVy1T30TSe3u0SiK5q8fcbDumxVenUGOj5oqRf80

I'd love to see examples from other states....
My wife and I went to Foster’s about 40 years ago. I had forgotten the name of it but we wanted to go back. Now I know where it is! I remember being amazed at one old picture there of the skeleton of a moose and a man with an old rifle still there, I think an old flintlock. Hunter had shot the charging moose fatally right before it hit him and the moose died on top of him. Nobody ever found him till many years later and only their skeletons remained. Just stuck in my mind.

Dutch Miller's bar in Knights Landing, the ceiling is FULL of up-side down deer antlers.
( 50+ years since I was there LBM aka Chris from Orygun ) :LOL:

Silver Spur in Mt Vernon Oregon. Real burgers and food. Come in with cow shit on your boots or blood on your pants, either is fine, both is better. Its my go to after a hard day of hunting.

And the Snaffle Bit in Canyon City. Same burgers ( i believe they are related). Real food from a real place. Plus the best signs out front.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskyRichard
Back