Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

There's alot of money out there

I thought the Barret Jackson prices were crazy, this auction puts them to shame.

Imagine the money that would be raised and benefit to SLC if RMEF had not had their bid round-filed. 10,000s of more attendees and deeper pockets of people who hate Peay yet the Peay-sniffers would have still chased those auction tags. No one can screw up a sure thing faster than Utah so not surprised that RMEF got bent over.

It's interesting to see what sells high and what doesn't.

I don't have any interest in hunting Africa but look at how cheap all of the Africa stuff goes. Seven grand for a week-long trip for four people, multiple animals. Meanwhile, high-end mule deer tags are going for hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Also noticed the moose/grizzly outfitted hunts are going at about the price they sell for on any other day.

It's a pretty good example of how scarcity of tags warps people's perception of value. There is no tag on this earth, for any animal, that is worth four or five hundred thousand dollars.

It's interesting to see what sells high and what doesn't.

I don't have any interest in hunting Africa but look at how cheap all of the Africa stuff goes. Seven grand for a week-long trip for four people, multiple animals. Meanwhile, high-end mule deer tags are going for hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Also noticed the moose/grizzly outfitted hunts are going at about the price they sell for on any other day.

It's a pretty good example of how scarcity of tags warps people's perception of value. There is no tag on this earth, for any animal, that is worth four or five hundred thousand dollars.
Also, there is no MULE worth 27 grand.

Guys, it's for conservation.

When WSF does this, they get a slap on the back and a lot of atta boy's.
Exactly! When it’s WSF people are all fired up about the “millions made to keep and put sheep back on the mountain.” When it’s anyone else people are astounded at what people will pay for a mule. WSF may be a little more transparent but it’s still the same principle.

When it’s anyone else people are astounded at what people will pay for a mule.
Honestly I am astounded at it no matter who is selling the mule.

I know there's a debate here about the principles of the NAM vs the conservation money gained in auctions like this, and it's worth having. But I think the decadence of tags and hunting equipment selling for prices like these is its own issue worth discussing too, and that's really the angle I was working from.

Honestly I am astounded at it no matter who is selling the mule.

I know there's a debate here about the principles of the NAM vs the conservation money gained in auctions like this, and it's worth having. But I think the decadence of tags and hunting equipment selling for prices like these is its own issue worth discussing too, and that's really the angle I was working from.
I guess I don’t really have an issue with how someone wants to spend their money. At the expo it’s a mule and it sheep show it’s a fancy necklace for someone’s trophy wife. Either way, it’s not my money..

I guess I don’t really have an issue with how someone wants to spend their money. At the expo it’s a mule and it sheep show it’s a fancy necklace for someone’s trophy wife. Either way, it’s not my money..
I think that's a good attitude to have and I generally agree, I just feel something uncomfortable with the whole thing and can't quite put my finger on it.

I think that's a good attitude to have and I generally agree, I just feel something uncomfortable with the whole thing and can't quite put my finger on it.
The only heartburn I have is when they say “we raised 1.7million for conservation.” When it should say “we raised 1.7 million and 250,000 of that will go towards actual conservation.” 😁

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back