PEAX Equipment

The real joke these days.

There are quite a few political jokes that have been posted lately that have avoided the moderator's ire (see COVID humor thread). Ham-fisted attempts at passing off partisan insults as humor were going to be DOA regardless of "the days" we're in.

Oh, and @Sytes

giphy.gif

Funny, how many hammered me time and again, sending moderation reports to ban Mark for all of his overtly political posts. Comments and reports claimed those kind of posts on the forum were just stirring the pot and distracting. Mark failed to take heed to my requests to get rid of the political undertones in his posts. He is now gone.

Now, many of the same people with bitched about Mark's posts as being too political post the same kind of stuff, albeit with varying degrees of political undertones or politically overtness. Reminds me of a Montana Senator who ran on the premise of cutting pork from the Federal budget, but excelled at finding pork. When asked about his seeming contradiction, he replied, "It's only pork when it goes to the other state."

Not a single person reported the Trump Derangement thread I locked this morning. I locked it because I know where it will go and what kind of end result will occur. I've got better things to do than manage the mud wrestling that would surely ensue.

If a discussion has politics/politicians involved, it needs to have some value to the discussion of public lands, conservation, access, hunting, etc. If it is just post stirring, it will be toast, no matter which side the political spectrum it originates from.

Since we changed the forum platform that allows for folks to report posts/threads, there have been lots of complaints about how this forum is operated/moderated. Some will send 3-4 reports per day. I'll admit, I've become tone deaf to those who have such easily offended sensibilities. The variety of complaints is quite interesting. Complaints, from both sides, that I allow too much politics. Complaints I throttle down too much on politics. Complaints that threads stray too far from hunting and conservation. Complaints that there are too many liberals. Complaints there are too many conservatives. Complaints that somebody called another member a name. Complaints that (you name it).

If a thread gets locked and the results of that lock offends your political sensitivities, hang around a while, it won't be long until a thread gets locked that supports your political sensitivities.

I'm the complaint department. I will be the complaint department until someone else takes over. My moderation won't be perfect. I will likely PO each member at some time if they hang out here long enough. Complaining about the complaint department likely won't improve the situation.

People would be a lot more polite if they were still worried about getting punched in the mouth from time to time.

Having grown up on the unsupervised school playgrounds in a small logging town in the 1970's, it only took a few bloody noses to moderate my annoying interactions with others whose pugilistic skills exceeded my own. Valuable life lessons that I've carried with me for the last 45 years, both in person and online.

It's interesting, if around a campfire, there would be a lack of hands raised (complaints) because someone had his/her feeling hurt...

Also around a campfire there is a whoop-load of chuckles regardless the content. Basically, if you can't laugh at yourself, you have little self worth to laugh at others.

A level a respect floats around a campfire that keeps the enjoyment factor present.

A few of you need to get over your cry baby whimpering and simply chuckle a bit...

There's a difference between the folks around a campfire and a forum website. One has a select few gathered around and the other has EVERYONE gathered around.

My point is that it’s laughable to me that grown men and women lest anyone feel left out would even complain to a moderator about something someone said. I mean I found the Trump derangement thread hilarious. If someone makes a joke about a candidate I support I’ll laugh at it if it’s true and funny and if I don’t like it or disagree I go on with life. People are too uptight man. Lighten up! We aren’t getting out of this world alive.

My point is that it’s laughable to me that grown men and women lest anyone feel left out would even complain to a moderator about something someone said. I mean I found the Trump derangement thread hilarious. If someone makes a joke about a candidate I support I’ll laugh at it if it’s true and funny and if I don’t like it or disagree I go on with life. People are too uptight man. Lighten up! We aren’t getting out of this world alive.

I agree. What type of person reports their feelings being hurt to a moderator? They must be a sad person.
@Big Fin, I'll pass along some info that you may or may not have thought of. I'm a member at another forum and they have a sub-forum for Politics and Current Events. New posts don't pop up in the New Posts or What's New folders. So it doesn't bog down or take away from the rest of the site. But it gives folks who want to a place to discuss and debate the goings on of the world. You still have to be reasonably cordial or you will be reprimanded or banned, but more leeway is given than in the general forums.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back