The New Cam Hanes Flick

serious question that goes through my mind periodically: has he not run western states again because he hasn't won the race entry lottery after qualifying again?

or is it because they started drug testing at western states in 2017?
Togie, as to drug testing, there's a vintage anecdote about the diagnosis of a harley when it doesn't have an oil puddle...that it's out of oil.

Cams view on carrying guns during a hunt bothers me...he says he doesn't carry one because he is ok with dying and getting eaten which is goofy to me and sounds corny, but then when he hunts around dangerous game, he usually had Roy behind him with a 45-70 and then now in this hunt with a full arsenal behind him. I dont know, I am sure he had a guide with a rifle behind him when he went to Africa. Reminds me of celebrities' not thinking we should carry guns but has a full security team. Its easy to say those things when he is hunting in Oregon or his huge dollar private resorts, Rogan and him go to but it seems to change when he is around the animals we carry guns for.

plus when he says his destiny was interrupted because of a gun and should of gotten ate? I dont know about anyone else but I dont think my destiny was to become bear poop and never see my family again...
Dude that line about his destiny getting interrupted and a gun getting involved is hilarious.
You couldn’t write that into a parody.
Maybe he’s trolling all of us 🤔

@Greenhorn it’s not looking good for the sale of your LEGENDARY book…

Bowhunting Trophy Blacktails, when I have the time, will soon be edited/illustrated by me- I may not sell it, with my valuable new volume II additions.

His expensive Alaskan hunting vacation is now fearless “war” movie about having respect of your long lost hunting buddy and being extra brave? 100% Cam Hanes. A 3 minute scan through some of the Cam guzzling you tube comments show how sadly gullible the world is now.

I texted the link to my hunting buddy - who replied perfectly!

View attachment 275123
il_570xN.2560677269_h66s.jpg

Was just on the WS website last night, even if you don’t win the lottery it looks like well over half of the waitlist will get in this year- I don’t know if that is typical or not.

oh that's interesting, i didn't know that.

admittedly, i had always thought after the auto entered top ten male and females from the previous year it was pretty hard race to get into. but i had never looked into all those qualifying intricacies too far.

it's a low bar to accuse someone of doping/cheating, but i've just never been able to fathom how someone who lifts weights like that can even qualify for something like western states. hell of a runner, no doubt, but there's a reason everyone else is skin and bones in that sport.

not to mention, in part, the reason they started drug testing the full qualified roster of western states was the absolutely non-insignificant factor of, go figure, the problem of cheating in ultra running.

I had the same thoughts as you about qualifying, that’s kind of what got me to the website (there is a local 100-miler that’s a qualifying race).

And yes I agree- doping is a huge deal in distance running (has been for a whole obviously), it has bled into the ultra scene for sure as it has gained in popularity.

When he basically bragged that he has never taken his family on a vacation save for one hunting trip to Africa that said a lot to me. Guy finds tons of time every year for going to trade shows and glamping/hunting trips with his industry buddies but can’t go relax somewhere with his wife and kids?!?
Maybe his wife and kids don't care or perhaps they would rather go on vacation without him.

Would you want to vacation with him?

What I find funny after reading all the comments after mine is how the hell did y’all bring yourself to watch past the 5 minute mark to come up with all of these quotes from the “movie”. Lol dude is a pure self centered d-bag.

Dailey Affirmations w/ ...

It's entertaining the number of individuals that need "Daily Affirmations" or "friends or followers" telling them ... "they're good enough, they're smart enough ... and dog-gone-it ... people like them"!. Otherwise, the realization that there are others who can do the same thing or better ... makes them "OK". There is entrainment value to these kinds of posts/videos, because it indicates just how insecure they truly are in the world they live in.

And...at the end of the day, who really cares what the guy does?

Who cares if he's a bad father, a crappy husband, and a marginal, at best, hunter? Its his pig, his farm.
Agreed, to an extent. I could care less if he's a good husband/dad, like you said, it's his pig, his farm. Unfortunately not everyone is going to see it this way. He's got enough jock-strap riders that see him as the ultimate embodiment of what a man/hunter should be - and that's sad to me. Even though Charles Barkley doesn't think he's a role model, it's not up to him, that's an up/down vote for the viewer. I'm having a hard time putting it to words without it being a chicken/egg discussion... but you're right, I don't (and rightfully shouldn't) care until his actions start effecting hunting in general - then I chits to give.

This guy has a family, wife and kids.

He doesn’t value being a good spouse, or a father… inculcating a love of the outdoors… conservation… raising children who respect others and work hard…giving back to his community, the less fortunate.

He’s willing to die, not to protect others, his family, or the ideals of his country…

but rather his own goal to blast an animal with a bow.

Cam is everything I loath.

If you think he’s a hero I don’t respect you.
^ 100% on the money wllm, especially the last line!

When I was a little kid, I used to think Roger Raglin was a hero.

Then I grew up and realized he shat out a turd just like me. lol

When I was a little kid, I used to think Roger Raglin was a hero.

Then I grew up and realized he shat out a turd just like me. lol
I tend to agree and why people idolize these types is a real mystery.

When a person gets involved beyond just buying a tag every year, you learn pretty quickly that there are people in every state that do a whole hell of a lot more than make content, push products, promote themselves, etc.

They never want any recognition, they don't endorse any product, and they care the most about public lands, wildlife, hunting, fishing. Further, they spend their money to see that those things stay that way for the future, often times to their own detriment taking time away from family, friends, and even their own time to hunt, fish, trap, etc.

Plus, there were many that came before us that, without their efforts guys like Cam wouldn't exist, neither would public lands, neither would a lot of the wildlife we hunt, fish, and enjoy non-consumptively as well.

I know a boat load of folks like that, some have passed away, some are my own family, some are my friends, some are on this board, most I don't even know. They all deserve a hell of a lot more thanks than they'll ever get.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back