MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

The New Cam Hanes Flick

This guy has a family, wife and kids.

He doesn’t value being a good spouse, or a father… inculcating a love of the outdoors… conservation… raising children who respect others and work hard…giving back to his community, the less fortunate.

He’s willing to die, not to protect others, his family, or the ideals of his country…

but rather his own goal to blast an animal with a bow.

Cam is everything I loath.

If you think he’s a hero I don’t respect you.
It’s easy for him to trick us flat landers, but once you spend a touch of time in the mountains and realize lesbian 8th grade earth science teachers from glen wood springs can outrun him and LAS kids hunt the same areas of AK unsupported, it really ruins his tough guy shtick.

I'm not psychologizing nor talking chit, more just wondering if markets corrupt the well-intending when brought into the sacrosanct, if in this case they have, and whether it's wise to let them into our own sacred things.
Personally I think they do and therefore, for work I do a job I’m willing to do for money, but not something that is a hobby or is sacrosanct.

I think “make your job something you love” is actually pretty toxic advice for most folks, exploiting what makes you happy for money doesn’t end well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I think they do and therefore for work I do a job I’m willing to do for money, but not something that is a hobby or is sacrosanct.

I think “make your job something you love” is actually pretty toxic advice for most folks, exploiting what makes you happy for money doesn’t end well.
This is so true ^ I've done it twice , something you love loses its luster after it becomes a job , at least it did for me .

I started writing this long rambley term paper about the ills of selling the holy for one’s own self aggrandizement when I was struck with my own movie idea:

@Nameless Range what would you say about teaming up with me to make a hunting film that basically just consists of you and I refusing to leave the truck while @neffa3 and @SnowyMountaineer spray us with a hose and blast puffs of air into our faces with a bb gun in a glorious effort to get us out of said truck. We’ll call it, “We Were Marmots.”

Bet we’d sell a lot of t-shirts…

What do you want to be remembered as after you die?

“The most obese f*cking mountain rodent that ever existed.”

Sign me up.

What do you want to be remembered as after you die?

A good dad.

This Cam stuff is getting weird, it’s crossing into the military envy/wanna-be territory a bit (happened with Tiger Woods as well).

That type of bad-ass image belongs to the guys that actually earned it. There is almost a bit of a stolen valor vibe to some of this ‘hunt or die’ stuff.

Last edited:
Personally I think they do and therefore for work I do a job I’m willing to do for money, but not something that is a hobby or is sacrosanct.

Read it again, folks......

"You can be whatever you want to be in life" Word's that should be stricken from the public education system.

My friend never did become an astronaut and my other friend never did become a doctor. lol I had multiple friends that wanted to be big game guides. 2 that wanted to have their own hunting shows. Almost all of them work construction in some form or another and have multiple babies. One guy did stay kid free as he said he would, and he sells insurance, and his crazy wife sells essential oils....(which she tries to push on literally everybody she comes across)...lol

Then there was me....one step behind Cam.....I guess I just didn't hammer hard enough. lol

th.jpg

This guy has a family, wife and kids.

He doesn’t value being a good spouse, or a father… inculcating a love of the outdoors… conservation… raising children who respect others and work hard…giving back to his community, the less fortunate.

He’s willing to die, not to protect others, his family, or the ideals of his country…

but rather his own goal to blast an animal with a bow.

Cam is everything I loath.

If you think he’s a hero I don’t respect you.
When he basically bragged that he has never taken his family on a vacation save for one hunting trip to Africa that said a lot to me. Guy finds tons of time every year for going to trade shows and glamping/hunting trips with his industry buddies but can’t go relax somewhere with his wife and kids?!?

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back