Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

The loss of a family member, a friend, a hunter

MNHunter

My cousin Shane loved the outdoors like no other. Growing up he and I went to Canada fishing every summer with other family members and looked forward to the annual trip. He carried the love of the outdoors into adulthood and spent more days fishing and hunting than anyone I know. He was a great hunter who I had the privilege of hunting with this past fall and he killed many deer and bear with his home made longbow. When the first MN wolf season was held, Shane was so excited to get out to try and tag a wolf. As with most of his hunts, the prey never stood a chance against Shane. He killed a wolf on opening day of his season and then proceeded to help 3 other hunters bag theirs.

While many will remember the good times with Shane, many didn’t know that he battled his own demons. Suffering in silence with depression and mental illness, Shane took his own life yesterday. He would have been 31 today. He leaves behind a two year old daughter as well as countless friends and family member that will miss him dearly.

I pray that he finds peace in the hunting grounds in the sky.

That is terrible to hear. Sorry for all of Shane's family, including you, Lee. I hope Shane has found peace and that all of his family will find comfort in the thoughts and prayers of friends.

So sorry for your loss. Prayers to his daughter, yourself and his family. Hopefully the fishing and hunting memories make it easier.

I'm very sorry, my thoughts and prayers are with you and his family. I'm sure he will still be with you on your future hunts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back