Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

The Good 'Ol Days

Idaho1991.jpg

I guess 18 years ago would be back in the day....sure doesnt seem that long ago. I wont soon forget that day!!

Thats him, thanks. There aren't many (or maybe any) of that quality left in that country, although there was about a 230" non-typical taken about 3-4 years ago.

Great pictures thank you..I wish my dad would have taken pictures of some of their hunts..

Is it just ME... Or Does BREAK RUNNER have alot of the same Hats as BUZZ ?!?!?!?! :D :D

Nice critters fella's !!

scan0025-4.jpg

My first antelope.....1971. Dad took me north of Forsyth the 2'nd weekend of the season. We were hunting out of his 61 International Scout. It had rained for two days and we had to chain up all four to get around...back then nothing was posted and you hunt about anywhere you wanted. We were'nt looking for big ones, just filling tags....I can only imagine what was runnig around out in that country back then!

That is a Buzzer Hat! LOL. Where do you buy one????? John

They are commune standard issue.;) ....think they are known as the Fudd model....however Buzz prefers to call it the Elmer Keith model.:)

Last edited:
I hate to be the one to point this out, but I didn't see any scent free super camo clothing in any of these pictures. I think I have sucker written all over my face from spending millions of dollars on such lines of clothing.

A photo from Duncan Gilchrist...how cool is that?

Loving this thread...

Here is a deer my dad shot in 1962.

Attachments

• dsc_0297.jpg
    dsc_0297.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 2,975
  • dsc_0296.jpg
    dsc_0296.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 2,962
Breaks, were those deer transplants from somewhere else or just captured, collared and released?

Captured right there...back in those days you take a drive going along the west side of the Bridgers around Christmas time and count thousands of mule deer wintering not far from Springhill road. Some of the biggest bucks I've ever seen were there....sure has changed.

Idaho1991.jpg

I guess 18 years ago would be back in the day....sure doesnt seem that long ago. I wont soon forget that day!!

Breaks Runner
I was racking my brain where I saw that pic before. I think Brian Krumweide had a copy of it when he managed the store in WP.

Great buck

Nemont

Not to derail this thread

Brian is one of the local Edward Jones Reps. He is also an assistant coach for the Scottie football team. His son Keil is a stud athlete already as a 7th grader, really really good at hockey.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back