The Gen Z Law Regarding Boomers For Off Season Sake.

Maybe ... but still begs the question, "How in the heck could you sign up each time to build such enormous debt?"

Double PhD in "TikTok influencing" and underwater basket weaving?

Or, maybe med school and locked in all those loans at a higher interest rate, and the $304K includes interest.

As one of the more chonologically extended generation, my immediate question was, "How in the heck could you sign up each time to build such enormous debt?"
To be clear, I am of The Silent Generation, however refusing to be quiet about such foolish, shortsighted financial decisions ... especially when discussing with grandkids!

All that this thread proves to me, is that whether Boomer, Gen X, Millennial, or Gen Z, everyone makes a lot of assumptions about the others without having walked in the other's shoes.
Carry on.
Sure, though it's easier to make assumptions about groups of people who post their life online, including eating avocado toast and tide pods, and complaining about being forced to go into the office five days a week (or even having to work five days a week). I'm not a boomer, but I'll now get back to to yelling at some clouds outside.

No “clues” needed. But one for you, your situation should not be applied to every Boomer. Neither those lazy one that fought for civil rights, nor those that attended Woodstock and smoked dope. A LOT of dope. There is considerable variety in every generation, but carry on.

When the cuts to SS are brought up…

View attachment 317376
Haha yeah my favorite.

"SS and medicare arent entitlements"
And orthopedists and ophthalmologists are making a mint on the Boomers. I have seen a few conspiracy theories online that are embraced by Boomers that indicate maybe they should seek a psychologist as well. Lots of crazy out there.
Also another classic i tell some boomers nowadays "not everything you read on the internet is true" lol. That stuff is approaching cult and past religion.

Recently viewed a news documentary about student loans. It was appalling to listen to the featured young woman who was in despair about her $304,000 student loan debt. As one of the more chonologically extended generation, my immediate question was, "How in the heck could you sign up each time to build such enormous debt?"
It really illustrates the importance of high school level money management and budget educational requirements.
Avoiding the work force.😁

it's easier to make assumptions about groups of people who post their life online
I prefer to make my assumptions based off those who stare confusingly at the credit card terminal at the grocery store as it screams at them "REMOVE CARD."

including eating avocado toast
Also, I'll fight anyone who knocks avocado toast that has never actually eaten it. Whole grain toast with smashed cado, everything seasoning, with an over medium egg on top covered in your favorite hot sauce is worth throwing hands.

My recently-retired HVAC guy was offering $80K to start as an apprentice, $120K+work truck starting salary once trained. He had work coming out his ears but couldn't find any Gen Z-ers to stick on as apprentices because it was too 'hard' to work 40-50 hours per week.
I just looked at Indeed for our local HVAC opportunities. 1+ year in the field gets $22/hr. You’d have to be at the journeyman level of experience to even get close to the starting number you mentioned.

I also looked at your city and it’s showing HVAC salaries starting at $45/50k and asking for two years experience. There was one project manager position that stated $75k, but that’s not exactly an apprentice position.

I know plenty of Gen Z kids (I’m quite a bit older) who’d jump at the chance to bust their hump for $80k, and plenty more who currently are at an apprentice level in the trades for a fraction of that.

I just looked at Indeed for our local HVAC opportunities. 1+ year in the field gets $22/hr. You’d have to be at the journeyman level of experience to even get close to the starting number you mentioned.

I also looked at your city and it’s showing HVAC salaries starting at $45/50k and asking for two years experience. There was one project manager position that stated $75k, but that’s not exactly an apprentice position.

I know plenty of Gen Z kids (I’m quite a bit older) who’d jump at the chance to bust their hump for $80k, and plenty more who currently are at an apprentice level in the trades for a fraction of that.
Just gonna throw this out there but not all 80k’s are created equal one may require 500 hours of ot

Back