The Gen Z Law Regarding Boomers For Off Season Sake.

In before the lock!
Hah!

Fireside (A Place for Friends)

A "GATHERING" of friends. Talk hunting or other "gossip"!!

We could set a pool for when it locks or enjoy the, "other gossip". 🤣

I guess Mr. Scott, If I may be so presumptuous to call him Mr. or him, thinks that us boomers were all making $30,000 at age 27. Personally, at 27, I was just three years out of doing my military duty, working full time, starting a family and going to college on my $8,000 a year. 40-hour work weeks were always a minimum my entire life, so I'm not sure what his complaint is there. I guess when you want to pity yourself you look back to a time that you don't have a clue about, and you use your imagination to make believe life was so easy back in the day.

It wasn't.

Funny thing is, I know a whole bunch of gen Z type people. Their struggles and difficulties look a whole lot like what we boomers went through at that age. From a distance I can sit and watch them slowly morphing into what we boomers are today.

The gen Zs I know don't complain about a 40-hour work week, they complain when they don't get any overtime.

Great... Due to clicking the Benzinga (typically $ based) article, AI Google has me on the Gen... blitz.

To me? I heard how my gramps hiked 5 miles uphill to school in four feet of snow each day - each way!
After which, he rode the fences. 50 hrs? Meh! Child's play.

Darn Stereotypes. Truth be told, it's a right of passage to gripe about the younger generations. Or so my union seniority affirms. 🤣

I am not one to advocate for the aarp gang.... but none of them could google a job and get a good confidence interval of pay. Its very easy to say this vs that about costs. How many boomers could offset their morgtage with an airbnb? How many could deliver groceries or taxi at the tip of a button to earn a few extra bucks? How many of them lived through multi year unemployment below 4%?

It isnt a mystery what professions pay what and the lifestyle that can follow.

(X) choices * ( y) luck = success

I guess when you want to pity yourself you look back to a time that you don't have a clue about, and you use your imagination to make believe life was so easy back in the day.

It wasn't.
So easy, it just ain’t like it used to be. Big ol 30” bucks on every hillside. More Mule deer than Moo Cows and your teacher knew you were going hunting after school. Kids fought with their hands instead of guns. Cigarettes werent bad for you back then 🤣 everyone knew how to do something, not just how to play Xbox. Coffee was like a nickel!? 8000 a year when coffees only a nickel? Phooey!

I was born in 92– I didn’t read the article I just thought I’d pick on your comment. It’s more satisfying to imagine life was easier for you old farts. 🤪

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back