Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

The Gen Z Law Regarding Boomers For Off Season Sake.

In 1972 a journeyman construction trade could produce circa 24k/year....more in some cities. A new Cadillac was circa 8600. Our then two income mortgaged household garaged two (less than 3 year old) vehicles, one high end car, and a dependable nice pickup. We weren't overextended.

Most of the boomers I know are still high functioning entrepreneurs, docs, lawyers, etc.

How many people who aren't are spending like they are?
No disrespect, but I'm not sure you get what the CPI is-- it calculates purchasing power between to points in time using a set number of consumer goods. So, to answer your question, probably a lot of people but they're earning significantly less relatively to prior generations.

I guess Mr. Scott, If I may be so presumptuous to call him Mr. or him, thinks that us boomers were all making $30,000 at age 27. Personally, at 27, I was just three years out of doing my military duty, working full time, starting a family and going to college on my $8,000 a year. 40-hour work weeks were always a minimum my entire life, so I'm not sure what his complaint is there. I guess when you want to pity yourself you look back to a time that you don't have a clue about, and you use your imagination to make believe life was so easy back in the day.

It wasn't.
That is the irony. Boomers alternate between telling us all the country is falling apart and how good it was "back in the day" to telling all the young people how easy they have it and how hard it was for them.

When I was a baby, my parents moved to Missoula County. My dad got a job at a lumber mill. My mom didn’t work until I went to school.
With only my dad’s income, they bought a house on 16 acres and both my parents always drove new or close to new cars. We weren’t rich but had plenty.

That’s not happening today.

No disrespect, but I'm not sure you get what the CPI is-- it calculates purchasing power between to points in time using a set number of consumer goods. So, to answer your question, probably a lot of people but they're earning significantly less relatively to prior generations.
Please spare me the 'acronyms for dummies' condescension. I read volumes of SAJ's missives.

....a 'chit ton of consumers' would have sufficed.

Back