Task force $1,950 NR elk tag

The two guys that own the company I work for got 750k. Seems like quite a bit. I think they do a gross business of like 4 million. A year. Also to anyone who knows on here was that ppp supposed to help pay wages to any employees who had covid and missed work? That was the rumor but none of us ever saw anything when we had it...
In order to qualify for ppp loans you had to show that Covid was affecting your business negatively for a certain time period. Then when you received the loans the money had to be allocated towards certain expenses like wages. There was some grey area in there but there is a good chance lots of people will get in big trouble if they get audited.

Thanks, that makes sense. Like I said lots of rumors. We were laid off a few times for a couple weeks during covid.

I only read the first page of this thread, so forgive me if I digress from the current discussion.

I spent the last 9 days in the mountains with a friend, hunting a tag that took me 18 years to draw. I didn’t kill anything. I saw some really, really cool shit.

Mid-morning today when it was clear I was probably going home empty-handed for this round of the hunt, I turned to my buddy and I said “it doesn’t take a tag to do any of this.” I told him that I have thought often recently about selling all of my hunting gear and hanging it up. Because it doesn’t take a tag.

I have been a pretty hardcore (sometimes to a fault) wild sheep advocate for about 13 years now. The hardest thing about making more wild sheep advocates is the fact that it is very difficult to get a tag, and that sheep hunting has a well-deserved reputation of being a “rich man’s sport.”

I think it’s important to think about how the base of advocacy shrinks when people are priced out of the game. I may sell all of this crap in the garage some day, but I will continue to advocate for the resource I love. But I’ll be honest (to a fault) and say that when that day comes I will no longer care about the hunting aspect. It will be solely about the resource. Because it doesn’t take a tag.

I only read the first page of this thread, so forgive me if I digress from the current discussion.

I spent the last 9 days in the mountains with a friend, hunting a tag that took me 18 years to draw. I didn’t kill anything. I saw some really, really cool shit.

Mid-morning today when it was clear I was probably going home empty-handed for this round of the hunt, I turned to my buddy and I said “it doesn’t take a tag to do any of this.” I told him that I have thought often recently about selling all of my hunting gear and hanging it up. Because it doesn’t take a tag.

I have been a pretty hardcore (sometimes to a fault) wild sheep advocate for about 13 years now. The hardest thing about making more wild sheep advocates is the fact that it is very difficult to get a tag, and that sheep hunting has a well-deserved reputation of being a “rich man’s sport.”

I think it’s important to think about how the base of advocacy shrinks when people are priced out of the game. I may sell all of this crap in the garage some day, but I will continue to advocate for the resource I love. But I’ll be honest (to a fault) and say that when that day comes I will no longer care about the hunting aspect. It will be solely about the resource. Because it doesn’t take a tag.
Well said!

Well said and I agree. Those of us that already have the fire in our souls will keep the spirit alive. However the initial spark (for me) probably would not have been intense enough to create a fire had it not been for my experiences hunting.

I’ve been thinking similarly to that about aging out or get to the point my body won’t do it anymore. I can still figure out a way to see everything I want without the post harvest work. I also think that’s why there are so many old men with 50,000 fishing boats at the docks on a Wednesday.

I think you tapped into my cerebral cortex.

I’ve been thinking similarly to that about aging out or get to the point my body won’t do it anymore. I can still figure out a way to see everything I want without the post harvest work. I also think that’s why there are so many old men with 50,000 fishing boats at the docks on a Wednesday.
I’m sure there will be a day when I sell my rifles and use the money to buy another Drahthaar, and spend my time hunting grouse.

Well said.

I've also thought about hanging it up.

What I've found myself growing tired of is applying all over for the last 25 years. Chasing what everyone else is chasing gets old.

The hunts I have the most fun on are cow elk hunts and our family deer camp.

The most simple hunts, for all the right reasons, keep me going, chasing unicorns is tiresome.

Finally, the cost associated with nr hunting has created a huge barrier and it's only going to get worse.

You got proof of that?
Yep Jennifer Doring presented the commission tag numbers and units chosen for 2021 at the task force on Friday. There were 2 commission tags issued as general elk tags. You can watch the recording.

Not surprising with the thorofare being general.

Yep Jennifer Doring presented the commission tag numbers and units chosen for 2021 at the task force on Friday. There were 2 commission tags issued as general elk tags. You can watch the recording.

Not surprising with the thorofare being general.
Surprises the hell out of me. But different strokes I suppose.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskeyRiver
Back