Sunglasses - Leupold vs Oakley

I can appreciate a "buy one cry once" price if there's a no questions asked exchange/repair/return policy forever. I guess that's most important.

sunclouds for me seem to be the right intersection of price, decent polarization, and not being too upset when i get back to the truck without them

i can't imagine spending more on a pair then i already do

Costa glass is the correct answer.
Would the "correct answer" not be whatever you want?
Are their better sunglasses that the $2/pair I use?
Probably so, but they fill all my needs and I'm happy with them.

Buy what makes you happy! 😎!

Would the "correct answer" not be whatever you want?
Are their better sunglasses that the $2/pair I use?
Probably so, but they fill all my needs and I'm happy with them.

Buy what makes you happy! 😎!
Actually the correct answer would've been either Leupold or Oakley, but that's no fun. :cool:

When you ask for the time here, we tell ya how to make a clock...;)

Leupold does have a great pro discount.

I ordered the Switchbacks today. Couldn't get a pair of Costa's in the configuration I wanted and the Leupold's were in stock. Also get a rebate for a free Gerber Multi-tool LXmKMfJ.jpg

I will update once they arrive

My Fiance bought me a very nice pair of Oakleys she was so excited when I opened them up and I like them very much
I could never tell her the 30 $ bass pro polerized block the sun better

Switchbacks came in the mail yesterday (while I was fishing, needed them a day earlier).

We'll see how they hold up over time.

I do wish the lenses were a little darker

Attachments

• 20210330_094431.jpg
    20210330_094431.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
  • 20210330_094448.jpg
    20210330_094448.jpg
    595.2 KB · Views: 6
Maui Jim's have been the best on the water. Oakley's have been the best on the slopes. Haven't tried Leupold's, but I hear they have a 1X mag? 🤔 😉

Get on steepandcheap.com and youll find some good deals on sunglasses. They have smith, costa, oakley etc etc (no maui jim though) and some decent prices. I just recovered a pair of smiths i left out in the woods last september. I typically leave behind several pairs each year on accident when im calling. Set them down next to me and forget when i move on.

I had Natives and now I have Oakleys. If I could go back I wouldn't have gotten the Gascans. I also really want to try out the Leupold ones.
But I've gotten back to not ever wearing them except as an emergency - so I'm pretty happy with that.

Back