Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Sunglasses - Leupold vs Oakley

Smiths saved my eyes when I lost my Ray-bans on lake patrol. Lost them the next day too....lol.
Mostly wore Ray-bans for years. Saved my eyes on the deuce in a PBR more than once,even broken.
Sorry Cush,but Oakleys were always too fancy for me.

My new favorite are Shadyrays.Cheap. Good for their life from breaks or scratches.....$45. 3 years of dirt,chainsawing,metal cutting,carpentering and not a scratch. Rio even stood on them.

I have oakleys and love them. I use them driving across country and working in the woods as well. They do scratch!

This is a pretty old topic. If I wanted another set of premium glasses, it would be another set of Costas without question. I am on Sunclouds now tho. I lost my last pair of Costas hunting and couldn’t justify spending another near $300. The Sunclouds at $60 are great. Not near Costa great, and it’s noticeable, but worth it.

Same pair of Oakley's for over 10 years now. Changed lenses once because they are now prescription ones for my ageing butt

This is a pretty old topic. If I wanted another set of premium glasses, it would be another set of Costas without question. I am on Sunclouds now tho. I lost my last pair of Costas hunting and couldn’t justify spending another near $300. The Sunclouds at $60 are great. Not near Costa great, and it’s noticeable, but worth it.
Costa 580G are the Swaros of the sunglass alphas.....

Costa 580G are the Swaros of the sunglass alphas.....
Ive never met a Swaro alpha as Ive never been to Afrika, but I imagine they are impressive persons. If we want to compare them to sunglasses, then yes, holy crap sometimes the quality isnt noticeable when spending a premium and other times it is. With Costas, the top-o-the-line stuff especially, its noticeable. Swaro alphas quality.

Also, Oakleys are crap. Sorry, peoples. :)

the 580 glass Costas. You wont regret it. Sunglasses are about like scopes... you really dont know what your missing till you get used to the good ones and try using something less.
I used to really like Natives and Oakley's but it seems that Native has really took a nose dive on quality and I have not worn Oakley's in so long I cant vouch for anything with them anymore.

Ive never met a Swaro alpha as Ive never been to Afrika, but I imagine they are impressive persons. If we want to compare them to sunglasses, then yes, holy crap sometimes the quality isnt noticeable when spending a premium and other times it is. With Costas, the top-o-the-line stuff especially, its noticeable. Swaro alphas quality.

Persons?

Besides better glass and materials are you guys finding more durability with these more expensive brands? I bought a pair of Raybans years ago but they got scratched pretty quickly. Could just be to rough on them I guess.

Besides better glass and materials are you guys finding more durability with these more expensive brands? I bought a pair of Raybans years ago but they got scratched pretty quickly. Could just be to rough on them I guess.
All my polycarb lens are scratched.. Rayban glass coating easily scratches. Costa glass so far (18 months), none, albeit I'm trying to take better care of em.

Reactions: CB1
I can already see myself now , flipping up my shades on my hat brim to get a good look at the Hummingbird then a rod goes off and I lean over and net a 25 inch walleye as my Costas super swaros sink to the bottom . Not sure if I’m ready for that commitment

I can already see myself now , flipping up my shades on my hat brim to get a good look at the Hummingbird then a rod goes off and I lean over and net a 25 inch walleye as my Costas super swaros sink to the bottom . Not sure if I’m ready for that commitment
Blue mirror w/retainer. 😊

Costas are now owned by the company that makes Oakley and Ray-ban, better buy before they become overpriced shady rays.

I notice a lot of folks have lost sunglasses in lakes/rivers/etc. Cablz retainers or ones like the below work great for securing the glasses around your head should you lean over wrong or take a header. They are a super lightweight and adjustable way to secure your sunglasses when wearing them or just loop them around your neck when not. I have two pair of Maui Jim’s and have Cablz on both. Numerous brands with different size ear pieces to secure your glasses 5A5EC399-04D3-4A5E-BCAD-1A0C770FE110.png

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back