Stuff you don't like for no good reason

You’re probably right. Powder’s rather short lately though.

Barrel’s actually fast on the AI. 24” acting like a 26” practically.
I’m running 2950fps with a 180gr from a 27” barrel, so only 150fps faster than Nosler data for a 7 Rem Mag with a 26” barrel.

Obviously I’m pushing the 280AI, and rhe 7mag could be pushed to match it but, could it really beat it by enough to matter?

RL-23 and N560 both show prsssure signs with room left in the case. Something a little slower would probably allow further velocity increase.

For no good reason? Magnum cartridges.

For good reason? Mossberg, Savage, choosing an underpowered cartridge because you think a short action weighs enough less to matter(especially if they use heavy rings/bases, or scope)
Are we related . Lol

For no good reason ; Savage rifles, 280 and 2506 rem !
For good reason ; That guy , the guy who shows up at the gun shop ! He is loud , you know what he shoots , what he got this year and he offers unsolicited advise but his greatest skill is you can’t get away from him!

I’m running 2950fps with a 180gr from a 27” barrel, so only 150fps faster than Nosler data for a 7 Rem Mag with a 26” barrel.

Obviously I’m pushing the 280AI, and rhe 7mag could be pushed to match it but, could it really beat it by enough to matter?

RL-23 and N560 both show prsssure signs with room left in the case. Something a little slower would probably allow further velocity increase.
I know that once you get into the heavier stuff, the case capacity of the rem mag helps a bunch. Lots of people are able to push the 180 gr stuff past 3000 with a 24” barrel with their tinkering. I’m not that guy, but I know it can be done.

I only have a 24” AI so I don’t know what the limit is on my rifle yet. Will figure out sometime though

Deer “Hit lists”
Naming deer (see above)
Fly fishermen ( not fly fishing )
Grown men wearing their hat backwards, a sports jersey, or using the term “we” when talking about a team that they don’t play on.
Dressing like a commando to go to the range, shoot a match, etc.

Deer “Hit lists”
Naming deer (see above)
Fly fishermen ( not fly fishing )
Grown men wearing their hat backwards, a sports jersey, or using the term “we” when talking about a team that they don’t play on.
Dressing like a commando to go to the range, shoot a match, etc.
Fly fishermen and mountain bikers, like you said not to be confused with fly fishing, nor with mountain biking.

Again, kind of meant this to be a quick “I don’t really like First Lite— for no good reason” but eh it’s entertaining at least

And for the record I don’t have a problem with First Lite

Back