Stuff you don't like for no good reason

I bet with the right powder it’s DARRRRRRN close. If it’s not, you might have a slow barrel on the AI or a fast barrel on the Mag.
You’re probably right. Powder’s rather short lately though.

Barrel’s actually fast on the AI. 24” acting like a 26” practically.

Oh I was just agreeing that there was no good reason.
As far as bad reasons go, I don't like Remington rifles because everybody else I know shoots them and my first rifle was a Savage so I like to be different, Non-typical whitetails are as ugly as homemade sin, and morning whitetail hunts require way more logistics than evening hunts, plus its way harder to walk in blind on public in the dark than the afternoon lull. I've only killed one deer in the morning, all others in the evening.

I don't even have a bad reason for the waterfowl thing. Maybe its just too Midwestern for me.

I’m not a fan of bear hunting. If you do it, good. They need to be managed just like every other species. It’s just not for me.

Blaze orange....
not one study i can find is actually fair and scientifically done without prejudice. I am sure there are exceptions but every hunter accident i hear about are in states with blaze laws, i know only 9? without law so little skewed info. Every state with laws has conflicting requirements and goofy exceptions, no consistency!

I have a 7-08 on a gunrack in my office. It's a Remington 700 SPS, and a real tack driver if you give it a load it likes, and I pretty much learned to handload with it.

But I don't really like it. I don't know why. Shot a couple of deer and one of my biggest antelope bucks with it, but I keep having to talk myself into not selling it. I'm going to keep it around for my kids as they get older. It's a very good hunting rifle, so I hope they love it more than I ever did.

I have a 7-08 on a gunrack in my office. It's a Remington 700 SPS, and a real tack driver if you give it a load it likes, and I pretty much learned to handload with it.

But I don't really like it. I don't know why. Shot a couple of deer and one of my biggest antelope bucks with it, but I keep having to talk myself into not selling it. I'm going to keep it around for my kids as they get older. It's a very good hunting rifle, so I hope they love it more than I ever did.
I understand this. I’ve had to talk myself out of selling multiple guns just because they don’t *quite* do it for me. Good guns, just not quite what I’m ultimately after

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back