PEAX Equipment

Stuff you don't like for no good reason

For no good reason? Magnum cartridges.

For good reason? Mossberg, Savage, choosing an underpowered cartridge because you think a short action weighs enough less to matter(especially if they use heavy rings/bases, or scope)

For good reason? Mossberg, Savage, choosing an underpowered cartridge because you think a short action weighs enough less to matter(especially if they use heavy rings/bases, or scope)
Don’t forget, the action is shorter so in addition to saving all that weight you can also stroke the bolt faster and send more bullets down range… I wish that wasn’t actually a conversation I had with a guy at the range when he saw my 30-06 and he was shooting a 308 🤦🏻‍♂️

Don’t forget, the action is shorter so in addition to saving all that weight you can also stroke the bolt faster and send more bullets down range… I wish that wasn’t actually a conversation I had with a guy at the range when he saw my 30-06 and he was shooting a 308 🤦🏻‍♂️
It’s been said on this forum. You know the funniest part? The guy was talking about modifying a 700S/A to accept COALs up to 3.2”. Ummm, you know you have to lengthen the bolt stroke when you do that right?

I had to go check a few rifle actions. Someone claimed 4" difference between a 30-06 and 308 length action. Well I measured a 1903 Springfield, a 700 ADL in 25-06, a 243 Rem 700adl and a Mossberg Patriot in 308. Not anywhere near 4" difference. You don't save all that much weight and the reload time of one to the other doesn't amount to a hill of beans. That was satire wasn't it?

I’m intrigued by the first part. What about magnums? I half agree with you

Vortex
Savage Axis rifles
French people
Texas
Sandals
Caliber arguments on Facebook
My neighbor that doesn’t shovel his sidewalk
Cruise Ship Vacations
Florida
Jeff Bezos
My main floor toilet that plugs often
Midwest Restaurants
The month of February
The Browning logo

270. Instilled by my dad. He always told me a 270 was a failed attempt to outperform a 30 06. I don't think there is anything wrong with a 270 but will probably never own one.
That’s probably why for me too. He said there was no good reason to choose it over a 280 Rem.

As a side note, I typically don’t like Winchester standardized cartridges as opposed to Remington standardized ones. The the only exception is 30-30 so far.

Kuiu Bros and Salvage Rifles.

Seeing a grown ass man take pictures of himself (in Kuiu clothing) to post on the internet to ask other men how he looks, is probably the most emasculating thing I've ever seen on the internet related to hunting. Before I was banned (the list is long) from the Kuiu by sell trade page on FB, the amount of tears and anti-bulling message I got was impressive.
Screenshots?

The Browning logo
I agree, but it’s only because of how it’s always associated with hicks. I think it’s a good logo, but if I ever wore something with it I’d instantly be labeled as a hick. Maybe that’s not everywhere, but it’s certainly here.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back