Finally received the rifle that I had on layaway for 3 months in the caliber that I have wanted to try for 8-10 years last Friday.

Soooo you gave up on the thought of having another left handed rifle and got this beauty instead or did I misunderstand that statement. Just curious but either way it looks like a sound purchase and I’m sure you be as proud of it as your 270 very shortly. Congrats.
Well it is rather difficult to find left handers at least in slightly out of the box calibers like the .300 WSM.... I could find lefties in .308 especially from Savage and Tikka and maybe a couple others that are under $800, but after talking with my Dad who is left eye dominate, but a right hander and both of his bolt guns that he has had for 25+ years are right handed bolt as well as a few others that I trust when it comes to firearms I let go of the idea of NEEDING a left handed rifle, which opens up my options tremendously. Plus the objective is to make your FIRST shot count so you won't have to make a follow up shot. I can actually have my trigger finger close to the trigger and run the bolt with my face behind the scope when I am behind a right handed bolt gun. With a left I have more stable hold on the fore grip, but have to run it with my trigger hand. Enough practice and one can use either one effectively as long as they remember which one they have in their hands. Plus when there is a $320 discount on a RH rifle in the caliber that I have been looking at for quite a while I am able to jump on it instead of waiting on deals for lefties. I did the same thing with baitcasters when fishing I can use both right and left there too.
Thanks I sure hope so, I have to wait until after my trip with my brother and Dad to Idaho to do anything else with it. But I am stoked for something new and different to play/practice with.

I know a few lefties that run right hand bolts also. They do not seem to be bothered and one of them actually prefers right bolt. Probably for the same reasons you mentioned. Have fun on your trip to Idaho.

Well it is rather difficult to find left handers at least in slightly out of the box calibers like the .300 WSM.... I could find lefties in .308 especially from Savage and Tikka and maybe a couple others that are under $800, but after talking with my Dad who is left eye dominate, but a right hander and both of his bolt guns that he has had for 25+ years are right handed bolt as well as a few others that I trust when it comes to firearms I let go of the idea of NEEDING a left handed rifle, which opens up my options tremendously. Plus the objective is to make your FIRST shot count so you won't have to make a follow up shot. I can actually have my trigger finger close to the trigger and run the bolt with my face behind the scope when I am behind a right handed bolt gun. With a left I have more stable hold on the fore grip, but have to run it with my trigger hand. Enough practice and one can use either one effectively as long as they remember which one they have in their hands. Plus when there is a $320 discount on a RH rifle in the caliber that I have been looking at for quite a while I am able to jump on it instead of waiting on deals for lefties. I did the same thing with baitcasters when fishing I can use both right and left there too.
Thanks I sure hope so, I have to wait until after my trip with my brother and Dad to Idaho to do anything else with it. But I am stoked for something new and different to play/practice with.
I shoot right handed but cast left handed. Works out nice for the lefties on bait-casters, you don't have to switch hands to cast.

I know a few lefties that run right hand bolts also. They do not seem to be bothered and one of them actually prefers right bolt. Probably for the same reasons you mentioned. Have fun on your trip to Idaho.
Thanks I will try, I am not able to go big game hunting for mule deer/black bear like my Dad and youngest brother are. I am trying to figure out what licenses/tags I need to buy to go fishing and small game hunting, maybe even some waterfowl. Hate to get out there and have the wrong tags.

A lot of my hunting friends out here use a .380. I am a big fan of Savage, and my 270 is a model 110 also.

You'll do great with that gun. Congrats.

Back