Yeti GOBOX Collection

Stuff you don't like for no good reason

nhenry

Howd'y.

The forum's been slower lately, which is understandable -- it's the off season.

So here's a thread I hope will entertain me.

I'm not a fan of 270 Win, even though it's a perfectly fine cartridge. I don't want to own one (although I do currently), hunt with one, or do anything with one. For no real reason.

I used to dislike Browning. I've since gotten over myself. I didn't before because of a raffle that my father won a browning pump from that was rather junky. It ruined the brand for my young, impressionable mind, up until I got behind an x-bolt a couple years ago.

Is there something- firearm, brand of firearm, bullets, cartridges, etc.- that you just don't like/aren't the biggest fan of?

Side note: I didn't know what category to post this in, so here it is. Feel free to move it, admins.

I'm not a 270 fan either but had one at one time. Only reason I bought it was the rifle it was in, Harrington-Richardson made on an L61 Sako action. Ex-wife's oldest daughter stole it out of the house and gave it to friends of hers to sell along with a 788 in 223. Ex got the insurance money and spent it on her kids! That was a beautiful rifle but could have used it in something other than a 270!

6.5 Creedmoor. Why? Because I cannot grow enough hair for a manbun, I dont look good in skinny jeans, and my hat brim is curved.

Mossbergs. They just look like boat anchors to me.

This one might ruffle some feathers. Remington 870s. Had one. Jammed all the time. Why? Doesn't matter. It jammed.

Kuiu Bros and Salvage Rifles.

Seeing a grown ass man take pictures of himself (in Kuiu clothing) to post on the internet to ask other men how he looks, is probably the most emasculating thing I've ever seen on the internet related to hunting. Before I was banned (the list is long) from the Kuiu by sell trade page on FB, the amount of tears and anti-bulling message I got was impressive.

Vortex Optics. Wait, you said no good reason.

People that think they’re a great handloader but are really just bullet assemblers who:

1. Don’t truly understand handloading or physics.
2. Only load exactly by whatever the book says, even for things like OAL which are completely safe to tune to the gun they’re shooting.
3. Don’t experiment with anything but have strong opinions about what is “best”.
4. Haven’t the slightest clue about precision.
5. These are usually Boomers (there are plenty bullet assembler Boomers on HT…).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back