Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Stuff you don't like for no good reason

You’re probably right. Powder’s rather short lately though.

Barrel’s actually fast on the AI. 24” acting like a 26” practically.
I’m running 2950fps with a 180gr from a 27” barrel, so only 150fps faster than Nosler data for a 7 Rem Mag with a 26” barrel.

Obviously I’m pushing the 280AI, and rhe 7mag could be pushed to match it but, could it really beat it by enough to matter?

RL-23 and N560 both show prsssure signs with room left in the case. Something a little slower would probably allow further velocity increase.

For no good reason? Magnum cartridges.

For good reason? Mossberg, Savage, choosing an underpowered cartridge because you think a short action weighs enough less to matter(especially if they use heavy rings/bases, or scope)
Are we related . Lol

For no good reason ; Savage rifles, 280 and 2506 rem !
For good reason ; That guy , the guy who shows up at the gun shop ! He is loud , you know what he shoots , what he got this year and he offers unsolicited advise but his greatest skill is you can’t get away from him!

I’m running 2950fps with a 180gr from a 27” barrel, so only 150fps faster than Nosler data for a 7 Rem Mag with a 26” barrel.

Obviously I’m pushing the 280AI, and rhe 7mag could be pushed to match it but, could it really beat it by enough to matter?

RL-23 and N560 both show prsssure signs with room left in the case. Something a little slower would probably allow further velocity increase.
I know that once you get into the heavier stuff, the case capacity of the rem mag helps a bunch. Lots of people are able to push the 180 gr stuff past 3000 with a 24” barrel with their tinkering. I’m not that guy, but I know it can be done.

I only have a 24” AI so I don’t know what the limit is on my rifle yet. Will figure out sometime though

Deer “Hit lists”
Naming deer (see above)
Fly fishermen ( not fly fishing )
Grown men wearing their hat backwards, a sports jersey, or using the term “we” when talking about a team that they don’t play on.
Dressing like a commando to go to the range, shoot a match, etc.

Deer “Hit lists”
Naming deer (see above)
Fly fishermen ( not fly fishing )
Grown men wearing their hat backwards, a sports jersey, or using the term “we” when talking about a team that they don’t play on.
Dressing like a commando to go to the range, shoot a match, etc.
Fly fishermen and mountain bikers, like you said not to be confused with fly fishing, nor with mountain biking.

Again, kind of meant this to be a quick “I don’t really like First Lite— for no good reason” but eh it’s entertaining at least

And for the record I don’t have a problem with First Lite

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back