Steven Rinella on Joe Rogan Podcast

genesis273

Rinella is one of the best ambassadors to hunting, in my opinion. He does an incredible job on Joe Rogan's podcast! One reason that I believe I enjoyed it so much is because JRE reaches alot of the non hunting audience who would otherwise maybe never hear something like this.
https://youtu.be/j7r7E0DNjaw

Last edited:
I think there are more eloquent representatives out there...but I still appreciate the efforts he makes.

More eloquent, yes. More listened to by non hunters, no. Not even close by a long shot that I can think of.

They put out a number of short clips on You Tube,Pretty cool stuff.Steve seems to know his shite.
Turned me on to Aldo Leopold.Another great guy a writer, hunter and philosopher.:cool:

I love Steve Rinella hes always pretty spot on . I haven yet to read any of his books but Its on my list of to do's

Steve's a very intelligent dude.

I wish him and Adam Greentree could drag Rogan out on more public land hunts though. Cameron seems to win him over more often with the ranch hunts, unfortunately. Although I can't blame them a bit for capitalizing on those free opportunities.

He's not always "pretty spot on", he hunted in the One Shot Antelope hunt in Lander, Wy.

I suppose you’ve never made a mistake before?

And will that mistake really affect how the nonhunting public views him?

Last edited:
Rinella and Newberg are the most eloquent and best ambassadors we have. Both are educated, love their sports and are good business men. Reaching the non hunters is a challenge but Rinella is honest and advocates dialog. Watch the new season on Netflix; listen to what he is saying about public land an our hunting sports.

He's not always "pretty spot on", he hunted in the One Shot Antelope hunt in Lander, Wy.

That doesn’t make him or anyone else that participated a bad person. Gov Mead participated and he has done immense good for Wyoming’s wildlife and people. Do I care that he was in the one shot hunt enough to negate all the good he has done? No, I could care less frankly as there are far bigger issues to be concerned with. Should it be changed? Probably but you can’t discount someone based upon just that.

IMG_0738.jpg
That doesn’t make him or anyone else that participated a bad person. Gov Mead participated and he has done immense good for Wyoming’s wildlife and people. Do I care that he was in the one shot hunt enough to negate all the good he has done? No, I could care less frankly as there are far bigger issues to be concerned with. Should it be changed? Probably but you can’t discount someone based upon just that.

You're right, I bet he looked great dressed as an Indian women because his team lost. There, he's not "discounted" after all. He's in that picture somewhere, that's the "hunt" he participated in.

Last edited:
JM, have you emailed him about his involvement in the One Shot Hunt? I’ve seen Facebook comments in threads about it but I don’t believe anything productive has ever taken place on that platform. I believe the One Shot Hunt is abhorrent but I also believe people make mistakes and might not realize how disgusting something is until a conversation is had.

I’ve always taken him to be a self reflective person, that may or may not be the case but I think it’s worth a well thought out email his direction.

Last edited:
JM, have you emailed him about his involvement in the One Shot Hunt? I’ve seen Facebook comments in threads about it but I don’t believe anything productive has ever taken place on that platform. I believe the One Shot Hunt is abhorrent but I also believe people make mistakes and might not realize how disgusting something is until a conversation is had.

I’ve always taken him to be a self reflective person, that may or may not be the case but I think it’s worth a well thought email his direction.

Then its certainly time to reflect!

Was the hunt talked about on Rinella’s podcast? I don’t recall. Thankfully, it was discussed at length on Randy’s.

I’ve always taken him to be a self reflective person, that may or may not be the case but I think it’s worth a well thought out email his direction.

He was informed about the One Shot by Buzz and myself at the BHA Rendezvoux through Yanus. No excuse that he didn't know what he was getting into.

Back