Yeti GOBOX Collection

Randy Newberg on Matt Rinella's Podcast

I'm not convinced hunter numbers are increasing, population certainly is growing.

There is cheesecake factory where my dad use to pheasant hunt... that's what I've driving at when I refer to population growth being an issue.
I've seen it too. We used to see so many pronghorn on the way to school, hundreds in the winter time. The bus would have to stop there would be so many. Now, subdivisions, apartments, new schools. Hardly a pronghorn to be found.

So western hunting demand is skyrocketing(that’s an undeniable fact) but that is due to existing hunters that didn’t hunt west now deciding to hunt west or it is offset by hunters quitting in the east or some combo of that? Seems like this is an important point to understand
I can tell you the loss of places to hunt here in Indiana is a huge issue. Outfitters came in and offered a chunk of money to every farm operation around and many people lost there hunting spots. 20 years ago I had so many places to hunt that I couldn't hunt them all....now I have one property that the landowner allows me to manage and another that I expect any time could be lost to a lease. I have been hunting out West for 25 years and that may be my only hunt one day. It is a sad situation here and the neighboring states have the same issue.

Just listened to it and enjoyed the discussion.

Been listening to both since they started. Been here a while.

I wonder if there is an app to show where the cell phone/devices are, like GPS tracking.
Bet for every custom rig with a razor driven by a dapper Sitka gent there are a dozen residents that hate Rinella & Randy cuzz they wrecked hunting and all of them are darlings of the interweb.
And they all hate small LO guys like me who help wildlife, and use their social media to improve ther own personal agendas.

Seeing lots of rigs of all walks locally, scouting and what not, in wally drawers and Kuiu alike, in this economy. Every one of them is more dialed in with insight on their hand held devices than I could in a lifetime on this PC.

Too many effing people.

Finally listened to the podcast. Very good discussion especially once you get to the halfway point. Much better than most of the mindless drivel that gets podcasted. I really appreciate both of those guys willingness to consider opposing points of view. We need that in this country now more than ever.

Just finished listening to the podcast. I enjoyed both of them. It left me thinking about how things have changed for me personally since I started hunting big game at 12 years old with my father, grandfather, brother and uncle.

Anyone else wish Randy was the voice of all of the audio books you listen to?

View attachment 230033🤬🤮Darn it we need to make it easier for people to make a living filming hunts, I mean they’re barely a commercial operation

All due respect to everyone, and I mean it, but I am of the mind that one of the last things our public lands needs, whether it is outfitting, guiding, filming, foraging, or something else, is additional commercial activity on the landscape.

Back