Sportsmen for Trump & the selling out of the American Sportsman

Ben Lamb

Worth the 15 minute read.

It's a piece with a bias, I agree.

But it's well documented & true. We are our own worst enemy when it comes to the meat & potatoes of conservation: budgets, rules & regulations. We fall for the flashy announcements of opening wildlife refuges for hunting rather than question why we don't have better habitat on multiple use public lands, we blame carnivores when we see declines rather than looking at the root causes

We are PT Barnum's rubes and I doubt it will change.

How many of the 640+ million acres of federal public land have been “destroyed” since trump was elected?

You guys got like a countdown to the zero public lands apocalypse timer or something?

Wonder if it’s greater than 3.9%? You know the lowest unemployment since 1969.

Don’t worry folks, middle America is going to re-elect the mother-f-er. That includes sportsman, at least the hundreads I know. And little Donnie has nothing to do with it.

Last edited:
This just in...

Trump signs executive order declaring ALL private land attached to public now has public easement right of way to access any federal land!

Hunt Talk vocal Democrats cry foul! Cite social agenda would make all private land everyone's land therefore no need for "trivial" access to federal land.

Well I've hunted my entire life and I've fished my entire life. I also voted for Trump. I also had no damn clue Don Jr. hunted or fished until well after trump was elected. But the article is 100% right Don's love of hunting is why I voted for Trump I mean take this fine example from the article:

Trump Jr. acted as a credible messenger to sportsmen voters not only by purporting a love of hunting and fishing on public lands, but also by shaping those activities as their own form of patriotism. It created a powerful combination designed to mingle with other fear-based, primarily xenophobic, political narratives.

I especially like how they throw the word "xenophobic" in there. Really gives the read some liberal agenda merit.

PUKE! 🤢🤮

good-good-let-the-whataboutism-flow-through-you.jpg

"Trump signs executive order declaring ALL private land attached to public now has public easement right of way to access any federal land!" I like it! I like it! Please link verification.

"Hunt Talk vocal Democrats cry foul! Cite social agenda would make all private land everyone's land therefore no need for "trivial" access to federal land." Was it painful to extract this false-toid from the gluteus maximus area?

What specifically were you hoping we would pick up on?

That there is a lot more to what we love than simply pulling the trigger on an animal we have no clue who it got there.

That to keep what our fathers & mothers handed us will take more than simply pulling a lever for a D or an R.

That the people who wish to rule us care not for the places we need to walk with a rifle, rod or bow, nor do they care for the animals that those places support.

That they see us as a voting bloc to be conquered, rather than support, and that they will lie to achieve their goals.

And that Cush is the only one who has offered salient testimony for the opposition on this thread.

Back