MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

should teachers be armed, at school

Can't these bad guys just follow a sign?

Watnarry.png

Maybe someday you will mature enough to have a grown up conversation.

I supposed I'm a little biased with my wife being a teacher (and an Army veteran). But if someone came in the school and was making his/her way down the hallway shooting, I would prefer my wife at least have a little bit more of a chance to change the potenial outcome

Yeah, because school teachers all are mentally, emotionally stable super heroes.

Lets rely on teachers to take on yet another non-teaching function.

Police departments don't even have the budgets to shoot and train as much as they should. How can we expect teachers to?

My department trains twice a year with firearms. We qualify twice a year. We get a little extra ammo to practice on our own. I got more trigger time training in two years on the SWAT team than I have in the other 12 of my career.

I agree with Jose, I just don't see this happening with teachers.

If you want to be serious about it, someone at the school will have to be armed. Metal detectors, door buzzers, that is fricken funny, more "feel-good" bullcrap. Sorry, but there are some teachers that are capable of being armed and protecting my kids, I promise you.

If we armed teachers how long until some overworked underpaid teacher snaps and kills a classroom of kids. I give it five years. Its not the answer.

Can't these bad guys just follow a sign?

nocarry.png

I know Jose did not appreciate this picture. But I think there is a lot of truth in it.

When there is no risk for a criminal they are emboldened, there is no disputing this.

I had a patient that would come into my office and we would discuss his travels. The man has been to literally almost every country in the world. I distinctly remember one conversation we had about guns and gun control. He told of when he was in a country where EVERYONE had a gun. Africa I think. He said he got real nervous when these two armed(AKs) guys got in a huge argument. He thought for sure bullets were going to start flying. His "guide" told him that argument rarely ended with shooting. My patient said it became clear that when everyone or near everyone is armed, it decreased the chances of people actually wanting or willing to use them. He said that was clear, where ever he went.

So I think this "gun-free" idea is crazy.

Like was stated in another thread, you aren't going to completely stop a suicidal maniac, but you can lessen the extent of his impact.

This isn't even getting into the "root" of the problem being mental illness and psychotropic drugs. IMHO

I knew this question would come up. It's actually sad it has. I have my carry permit and just a few weeks ago I said to my wife...I can't believe I'm not allowed to carry in the school seeing how all this crazy sh!t keeps happening within the schools.

If I feel like carrying in the school forget the rule of I'm not allowed. At this point I don't feel like I need too, but if I ever do forget the rules.

This is tough and I don't have the answers. Look at Chicago. Handguns are banned and look at there crime statistics. How well as this worked out?

And it is sad, additional laws will only stop law abiding citizens. Murder is illegal and does that stop killing? DWI/DUI is illegal and does that stop someone from driving? Will posting a sign on your business or building stating "Guns are not allowed on these premises" stop someone from shooting the place up? (It didn't stop the shooter in the theater Aurora CO).

Schmalts,

They arent Federal Employees...they're contractors, to save taxpayer money.:W:

Then someone isnt doing their job and the system needs to be fixed.
BTW, teachers are allowed to carry in Isreal. I never heard of a shooting there like here. Different place, different situation but it seems to at least not be working there.

Last edited:
Arming teachers makes no sence they are there to teach. Used to be family and teachers would teach values like respect for life, God and country where has that gone. Down the drain. We have candy ass judges that turn people loose that have no respect for anything. We have others telling us don't spank your kids give them a time out, what BS I'll time out there ass.

Now we have the media calling for more gun control. The media is part of the problem all they show is the bad things that happen very seldom anything good except when people help others from some kind of accident.

Why don't they ever show the good things like when a gun is used to stop a robbery or the women who used it to protect herself from rape, home invasions. Not long ago a boy used a gun to protect him and his little sister I think he was only 12 I shutter to think what would have happpend had he not reacted the way he did.

Very little said about this was put on the back burner . Much of the problems has to do with the media look at the news today see whats on always the same seldom any good new.

Sorry had to vent

Then someone isnt doing their job and the system needs to be fixed.
BTW, teachers are allowed to carry in Isreal. I never heard of a shooting there like here. Different place, different situation but it seems to at least not be working there.

Call your congressmen...they're the fans of outsourcing about everything.

Arming teachers makes no sence they are there to teach

Disarming teachers makes no sense. They are there to teach, not lay down and let their kids be slaughtered and die themselves.

If a teacher wants to be armed it is their right.

It doesnt make sense to disarm a teacher until a student gets his/her hands on the teachers firearm and kills someone.

Then it will make sense.

Disarming teachers makes no sense. They are there to teach, not lay down and let their kids be slaughtered and die themselves.

If a teacher wants to be armed it is their right.

I was going to try and give you credit for maturing on your previous post, but then you showed again you aren't mature enough for rational discussion.

Do you honestly think teachers are smart, quick thinkers, and great decision makers?

Buzz you really need to get out more. Seems how we live in the year 2012 there are tools for about every job. Why not use a gun box mounted to the teachers desk that is opened by a teachers fingerprint. Here is one sold at Walmart: http://www.walmart.com/ip/SportLock-LLC-SafeLock-Finger-Print-Safe/12452041
If the teacher is not a good candidate for using a fire arm then they can store a banana in it. Just the box and not knowing what is inside acts as a deterrent. Why not put other tools in it....some cans of tear gas to toss out into the hall, a taser, a brick, a Kevlar blanked to throw over everyone huddled in the corner...I mean open your mind.
I like the idea of a guard...reminds me of the video where an old security guard takes out a gunman that tries to shoot up the school board.

Once again why would you ever deny a teacher a right to defend him or herself and my kids. A stupid no weapons sign and policy is no defence. In stead it is a recipe for disaster. Not every teacher is capable of defending our kids and not ever teacher should even try and use a gun in that kind of situation. But there are enough capable teachers that can learn how to do it and many that already know how and are currently denied the right.

Jose. give it up.

Come take a long look at teachers in Calif. public schools and you'll think twice about arming them.

"Holier than Thou" liberal know-it-alls, union lackeys seething with anger and man hating lesbians. None of them should be allowed in the same room with a loaded gun.

you are talking about california,that is peta country,so i dont think you will ever have to worry,guns will not be allowed in schools,or annywear else,in california.:cool:

Jose, I certainly hope teachers are good decision makers and quick thinkers.I mean really they are trained to educate our youth.And, I don't think its asking them to take on another responsibility to be armed.They should be allowed the choice to be armed though.I don't feel they are underpayed and overworked.Fact is, I'd love to have a 6 hr day and work less then 8 months a year.If I was a teacher, I'd want the option to arm myself for my own protection and that of my students.When the nut jobs have to worry some teachers may be packing they will target other places where gun restrictions exist
To say the man was immature for posting that sign is ridiculous.You always have comments for someone that disagrees with your Obama way of thinking.For me, I was a racist,for him,he can't equal your mentality.Tell me when was the last time a nut job attacked a place where there was good odds people may have guns to protect themselves????Lets get real,they attack schools,movie theaters,malls because they can cause alot of damage with little threat to themselves
I would feel much better if the teachers in my kids schools were allowed to carry.If youand your lefty buddies think thats not the way then send your kids to unprotected schools,and make sure you post that sign at the door.My bet is there would be much less chance of violence at the open to carry schools

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back