Share Pics of Memorial Day weekend.

T Bone

Let's hear and see what you did!

Here is what we did.

Saturday: Did some yardwork and finished framing up the gazebo we're building. We ran out of time and had plans to put the plywood and shingles on the roof on Monday. This summer will be full of finishing the landscaping in the back yard. All the back area in the photo will have rock covering it like in right side of the pic.

P5243202.jpg

Sunday: Went to church and visited the Black Hills Veterans Cemetary with the kids. Since our nearest kin is planted 900 miles away in Idaho, we visited hundreds of gravesites and met some excellent people who were also there to pay their respects. Our youngest (2) took a particular shine to this resting place. Makes me wonder what young innocent ears hear.
P5253213.jpg

One particularly moving sight was a lone very elderly gentleman in search of a particular marker. He was barely mobile and I'd guess him to be of the WWII era. In his hand was a list of dozens of different graves to visit. I suppose at that age he had plenty of friends and family to visit and will be eager to see again.

Here is our second son enjoying the beautiful sprind day.
P5253219.jpg

Monday: We had plans to put the plywood and shingles on the roof of the gazebo but the weather didn't cooperate. Been going stir crazy all day.

Please feel free to share your happenings.

With it raining nearly all day here, I'm doubting you'd like pics of what today was like for me... ;)

Good work on the landscaping! We've spent various parts of the last three weekends redoing the front yard...

Here's what I did:

desktop.jpg

Worked on a report all weekend. Maybe this week I'll actually get out in the field.

Saw an arena football game on Saturday.

l_38437cc2d501e8e5a3c61abbb400298d.jpg

l_15fd71835549cecc66db65a3868505e4.jpg

l_a0b824d0d38863c7cc22984e89bfe682.jpg

I picked up a charity calendar of the cheerleaders for hubby and forced him to go get some autographs from the girls. I know I'm a mean wife. ;) PS above fellow is not hubby but a local radio DJ who is a friend of mine.

Boise Burn

Mostly watched it rain for three days. Thought about taking a camera to the ceremony this morning, but though better of ruining a good digital camera that was not waterproof.

Looks like a good weekend T-Bone.

Oak, it looks to me like you are researching drawing odds for Arizona. Don't try sell us on the work BS. You are looking at draw odds for AZ deer.

Hmm, Big Fin. You must be psychic. I did look briefly at AZ draw odds today, but it's not on the screen in the photo. That's just a spreadsheet of data from 182 proposed new gas well pads I surveyed. :eek:

Left for Las Vegas Friday morning to make the weigh-ins for UFC 84. I had two buddies bail on me at the last minute. So I took the wife (8 months pregnant) and my 3 year old Son.

I sold the two extra tickets I had within minutes of being there. My wife took our boy to Circus Circus while I was at the fights Saturday night. Then we met back up at the MGM after it was over. I had a great weekend and the fights are always great in person.

P1120876.jpg

P1130038.jpg

P1130036.jpg

P1130105.jpg

One of my favorite pics was of me and my Son. After watching everyone posing for pics with their fists up, he wanted to try it.

P1130049.jpg

AZ, you looked all pimped out in your kangoo hat. Kewl pics!

T-Bone, sweet pics.

I also finished my gazebo/covered fire pit. Mine isn't as complicated, but the kids loved it, built the first fire, and roasted some marshmellows before bedtime.
may272008388.jpg

may272008379Small.jpg

may272008406Small.jpg

may272008430Small.jpg

I also caught the UFC fight on pay per view, too bad that dude from Butte got whipped by Wanderlei.

I also finished my gazebo/covered fire pit. Mine isn't as complicated, but the kids loved it, built the first fire, and roasted some marshmellows before bedtime.
may272008388.jpg

may272008379Small.jpg

may272008406Small.jpg

may272008430Small.jpg

I also caught the UFC fight on pay per view, too bad that dude from Butte got whipped by Wanderlei.

..what a view!

Cool pics of all you guys' kiddo's.

We went up north to see the in-laws and the Father in Law and I went to cut firewood for the day

Attachments

• Memorial Day 2008.jpg
    Memorial Day 2008.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 160
It is vented, left a gap in the plywood, and the felt, smoke can get out from under the cap piece, this was a concern. But on top of that hill, there has always been a breeze, upslope in the morning, downslope in the evening since we are so close to the mountains, smoke just blows out from under the roof. We have always had the rock fire ring there, just decided to make it nicer to sit around instead of logs. Maybe one day I will get crazy and just build a whole fireplace with a chimney there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back