Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Saturday Special

thin sliced and fried in a pan. Put on toast with a tomato. mmmmmmm

Fried spam in camp! The best camp meat when you get back to camp empty handed. When my dad would cook some up it alsways smelled like a gourmet meal.

When we got our camp broke into they took 50 cans of sadines and a bunch of cans of spam...that looked like footballs they were so bloated. I hope they ate those! Spam and Mircle Whip is a great Saturday sandwich! John

Spam is a canned precooked meat product made by the Hormel Foods Corporation, first introduced in 1937. The labeled ingredients in the classic variety of Spam are chopped pork shoulder meat, with ham meat added, salt, water, modified potato starch as a binder, sugar, and sodium nitrite as a preservative. Spam's gelatinous glaze, or aspic, forms from the cooling of meat stock.[1]
The product has become part of many jokes and urban legends about mystery meat, which has made it part of pop culture and folklore.[2] Through a Monty Python sketch, in which Spam is portrayed as ubiquitous and inescapable, its name has come to be given to electronic spam, especially spam email.[3]
In 2007, the seven billionth can of Spam was sold.[4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spam_(food)

spam, pork and beans, ketchup, mustard, and either syrup or brown sugar. hell yeah!!!

My wife's back is in such bad shape there'll be no hunting for me any time soon, but while you guys are in hunt camp eating your Spam and Dinty Moore stew and all your fancy dehydrated meals, I'll be down in civilization eating some nice chile verde made with hot Hatch chiles and my homemade tamales.

Tomorrow morning there will be "fire on the mountain".

Attachments

• DSCN0094.JPG
    DSCN0094.JPG
    136 KB · Views: 223
My wife's back is in such bad shape there'll be no hunting for me any time soon, but while you guys are in hunt camp eating your Spam and Dinty Moore stew and all your fancy dehydrated meals, I'll be down in civilization eating some nice chile verde made with hot Hatch chiles and my homemade tamales.

Tomorrow morning there will be "fire on the mountain".

Too bad you're nowhere close to Oklahoma. You would have an unexpected visitor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back