Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Ryan Busse is a coward

Status
Not open for further replies.
I question whether I was to even get into this, but here goes.

Some of my personal stance/background on the topic in general:
- I have had direct experience with militarized civilians with extremist stances on both sides. When I say this, I mean that I have personally directed military activity to assist law enforcement to maintain and/or restore law and order.
- I have had my name in the public space and identified as involved in an operation where the domestic violent extremist groups involved specifically encouraged targeting military personnel. And I have a family.
- I have served for over 23 years.
- I am generally disgusted with the fetishization of violence and the "operator lifestyle" in culture, and I attribute this to Hollywood, the gun industry, and the video game industry. I used to take advantage of 3-Gun and other "tactical" shooting competitions to augment my military training. I quit due to the culture around these events.
- I believe the tactical industry that grew up around GWOT and the simultaneous militarization of our police forces post-9/11 fundamentally changed the gun industry and they began looking to expand there market into areas where there was not a practical need.
- I appreciate the need for an armed citizenry, and have personally witnessed oppresive societies where the ruling party had impunity over its people.
- I am not saying we need to curtail peoples gun rights, but I acknowledge that there are things in society these days that give me pause...

My thoughts on Ryan Busse:
- I think he saw a vacuum where there was no voice, and he stepped into it.
- I do not understand his motivation in depth.
- His webpage looks like he is attempting to monetize his voice/stance.
- While he claims to still be active in conservation, he seems to have distanced himself from it, and it is clear his stance re: the firearms industry has taken the front seat.
- While he claims to still be a hunter, I do not see him providing any direct support to sportsman or gun owners.
- I also don't see where he is actively working to affect change beyond talking. All of his previous affiliations seem to be past tense.

At the end of the day, I don't see Ryan Busse as an advocate for my personal beliefs, but I do acknowledge some of the dynamics in our society that he seems to be wanting to call out.

Whether he is on Randy's podcast or not seems somewhat pointless. I subscribe to the theory that one cannot out-message their actions. His actions and publicly facing website seem to pretty clearly establish his stance. I am not sure what he could possibly say that he hasn't already....🤷‍♂️

Like I said, you don't listen.

I don't get the newsletter from the fan page. Unless it's released, no way to know. But like I said, I did ask. Seems a simple "Ryan did a podcast but in light of recent events....." would have been simple.

I mean if a tree falls in the forest.....

But here.

Because I actually will give Randy credit that he probably asked tough questions, I'll modify

Ryan Busse is a grifter.

I would love to hear @Hossblur’s public efforts to address gun violence.

Multiple complaints about another individual’s efforts on Internet forums seems to be a pretty low bar to change a real problem.

Russell Wilson sucks as the quarterback for the Denver Broncos. I’m publicly calling him out and demanding he explain why he isn’t as good at Denver as he was in Seattle.

#doingmyparttohelpBroncosfanseverywhere

I'll write a book

I don't get the newsletter from the fan page. Unless it's released, no way to know. But like I said, I did ask. Seems a simple "Ryan did a podcast but in light of recent events....." would have been simple.

I mean if a tree falls in the forest.....

But here.

Because I actually will give Randy credit that he probably asked tough questions, I'll modify

Ryan Busse is a grifter.
There it is...and exactly why nobody respects you and why nobody wants to have a serious and fair discussion with you.

Shallow water and shallow minds both freeze first.

I would love to hear @Hossblur’s public efforts to address gun violence.

Multiple complaints about another individual’s efforts on Internet forums seems to be a pretty low bar to change a real problem.

Russell Wilson sucks as the quarterback for the Denver Broncos. I’m publicly calling him out and demanding he explain why he isn’t as good at Denver as he was in Seattle.

#doingmyparttohelpBroncosfanseverywhere

Truth be told, Wilson was much better when Marshawn Lynch was in beast mode, and the legion of doom was at its peak.

Seattle should be investigated for grand larceny for their duping of the Broncos.

I do not understand his motivation in depth.
- His webpage looks like he is attempting to monetize his voice/stance.

After 25 years in sales for Kimber where I assume he made a lot of money for himself and the company, perhaps he’s looking to atone? If that’s the case then whatever, that’s his life path. But from the politico article he didn’t hit all the nails with respect to certain aspects of gun ownership or ownership proliferation, and is not acknowledging radicalization within certain contingents on the “other side”.

His book title is also not helping “unradicalize” anything but maybe he does not want to. Since he’s a career sales guy, the title may be intended to sell the sizzle, not the steak.

After 25 years in sales for Kimber where I assume he made a lot of money for himself and the company, perhaps he’s looking to atone? If that’s the case then whatever, that’s his life path. But from the politico article he didn’t hit all the nails with respect to certain aspects of gun ownership or ownership proliferation, and is not acknowledging radicalization within certain contingents on the “other side”.

His book title is also not helping “unradicalize” anything but maybe he does not want to. Since he’s a career sales guy, the title may be intended to sell the sizzle, not the steak.

I don't really associate Kimber with the radicalized areas of the gun industry. Most range commandos probably think Kimber is a bunch of FUDs with their antique pistols and hunting rifles. I think if he was really interested in finding meaningful compromise his platform would look a little different. I am not condemning him, just interpreting what I am seeing. The person whose opinion I have the least respect for, is the one who is unable to acknowledge all sides and doesn't have the potential to change their mind.

Last edited:
Me with 17,000 opinions 😬

I think what we are all rolling our eyes at is hossblur screaming at the kids to get off his lawn.

Clearly Busse holds opinions that are different than a lot of folks here, he wrote a whole book and has been on numerous talk shows… if you’re curious about his thoughts not hard to remedy that. He also did come on the forum and engage with folks.

Honestly, what does hoss expect from a FT interview, I mean does he expect Randy to berate the guy for an hour? You ever watched his show or podcast… not exactly Big Fins style to say the least.

Clearly hoss just wants a pound of flesh from this guy not sure how to help him, he’s not looking for a dialogue.
I had an opinion, but I deleted it. Just treat this as if it were a news item.

Truth be told, Wilson was much better when Marshawn Lynch was in beast mode, and the legion of doom was at its peak.

Seattle should be investigated for grand larceny for their duping of the Broncos.

I hate the Seahawks always, but the truth is Russell Wilson is a COWARD, he knew he was being overrated and took the money anyway!

There, I said it! I have no regrets, I'll sleep fine tonight...

Of course he's trying to monetize his "stance". That's what grifters do.

Laughable how he talks about "gun culture", as if he had nothing to do with it.

Kimber is famous for 1911's. An actual weapon of war. He sold them for decades, but now, now it's us nutjobs who own weapons of war. Or at least that's what he'll tell anyone with a handful of cash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back