Ryan Busse is a coward

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a couple ideas from that 1 committee meeting alone. I know a lot users on here aren't really interested in things like public resource funding allocation or public resource policy based on some of the discussions I had since joining.

The new members may be unaware, but many members here just got done lobbing emails and phone calls at legislators, testifying at hearings, lobbying representatives, and traveling to rallies for almost 4 months during some fairly contentious legislative sessions. Not to mention Commission meetings, Advisory groups, agency meetings, etc. Many of us also do this stuff for a living. You’ll have to just forgive folks if they can’t manage to stay outraged over every possible public lands and conservation topic 24-7-365. That’s neither sustainable nor healthy.

And to what end? You aren't going to change a damn thing.

If it's such a big deal to you, to bust balls then get off your ass, get your own platform, start your own group and do something about it.

You cant stay the course with any group, they do one thing you dont agree with and not only do you pitch your sucker in the dirt, stomp your feet, and hold your breath...you then start trashing them every chance you get.

You rave like a lunatic and then want to believe anyone is going to want to have a discussion with you?

Talking with you has no upside, you don't listen, you never change your shallow mind, ever, on anything. You can't even see the other side of a debate! Like @wllm said, all you want is to be "right" in your own mind and get your pound of flesh.

In case you were wondering why nobody really much gives a shit about your issues with this or anything else...go back and read the responses you've gotten here.

When your posts generate the same responses from other posters over and over again, time to go look in the mirror.

Kettle?

I've never made a dime from my opinion. How about BUSSE?

Perhaps, just maybe, if you really are about changing minds, you not preach continuously to the choir?

You know, maybe, actually, have the stones to talk TO the people you take cheap shots at("gun culture"). Maybe, just maybe, if your going to come on a forum and say your happy to come talk, DO IT?

I mean, isn't that his goal? Change all the right wing, gun nuts minds?

Funny. I listened to Randy on Matt Rinellas podcast. He walked right into the fire and sat with a guy who directly or indirectly blames him for hunting media ruining hunting.

I challenged BUSSE, on this forum a long while ago. All his neighbors jumped on to tell us what a stand up guy he is. That he isn't a mouthpiece cashing checks. That he'd love to come on Randys podcast and answer questions and talk to a KNOWLEDGEABLE 2A supporter and life(I believe) member of NRA.

I've yet to see it. I do see him on every anti gun, left wing rag as a subject expert, talking to people with no clue, and little knowledge on the subject
Funny.....

Funny you know so much and are so comfortable blowing smoke when you know so little. The "coward" you speak of came to Bozeman and did a podcast with me in April 2022. See the screenshot off our server below.

Screen Shot 2023-06-03 at 10.53.24 AM.png

There you go. Is he still a "coward" for supposedly not doing a podcast with me?

Kettle?

I've never made a dime from my opinion. How about BUSSE?

Perhaps, just maybe, if you really are about changing minds, you not preach continuously to the choir?

You know, maybe, actually, have the stones to talk TO the people you take cheap shots at("gun culture"). Maybe, just maybe, if your going to come on a forum and say your happy to come talk, DO IT?

I mean, isn't that his goal? Change all the right wing, gun nuts minds?
Like I said there is no upside to talking to you or trying to have a discussion. Your post above is a classic example.

Good luck with your mission, whatever that is.

Funny.....

Funny you know so much and are so comfortable blowing smoke when you know so little. The "coward" you speak of came to Bozeman and did a podcast with me in April 2022. See the screenshot off our server below.

View attachment 278451

There you go. Is he still a "coward" for supposedly not doing a podcast with me?

Which episode is that?

A day late and a dollar short, as my father told me more than once, but here goes.

The title of the thread is "Ryan Busse is a coward".

Clearly that is wrong on the face of it. He might be any number of things, but a coward...no. He put his name to his opinions and given the platform he held, those opinions gained some amount of traction.

He had to know that what he embarked on would create blowback. He has faced that blowback and continued on with what he thinks is right.

It is not relevant whether his positions align with any one particular person.

It is not that difficult to identify the coward in this dust up. Hiding behind a internet pseudonym and calling other people cowards is not particularly courageous.

Are you going to apologize for acting like an ass or try and blow it off?

I just went through apple podcasts by number from April 2022 , I don't see a Ryan Busse episode.

I'm gonna assume it's not published or Randy would of just pointed to the episode vs a server screenshot?

At least Busse is out there, with his actual name, and his face. Not hiding behind an internet forum screen name without a picture. So who’s the coward? Like Buzz said, feel free to do something meaningful, or just sit back and shout your bullshit into the abyss that is the internet.

As far as him representing whomever in whatever committee, why point your questions at him, shoot you barbs at whomever ASKED him to be a part of the committee? But that would take thought…

I just went through apple podcasts by number from April 2022 , I don't see a Ryan Busse episode.

I'm gonna assume it's not published or Randy would have just pointed to the episode vs a server screenshot?
So can I assume communication without being a dick is not important to you?

Last edited by a moderator:
So here's the rest of the story, @hossblur, not that you care about anything factual.

I told Ryan I would also do a podcast with my friend at NSSF to present another side of the these issues, and I would release both podcasts the same week. He was fine with that. I did a podcast with NSSF.

The week the podcasts were to roll out there was an event in Uvalde, Texas - some 18 year-old puke went into an elementary school and killed a bunch of people.

I told both parties I was not going to release a podcast about guns/gun control in the aftermath of such a tragedy. It might have gotten a lot of downloads, but I'm not the kind to use a tragedy for the sake of increased downloads. Some might view these tragedies as opportunities, and many did make them the focus of their platforms. Not my style.

I rescheduled it for a release later in the year, late November, hoping the tenor of the issue would simmer down some and releasing the podcast wouldn't seem like I was leveraging a tragedy. Then four or five people got killed in a nightclub in Colorado, followed a few days later by some deranged bastard killing some people at a Wal-Mart in Virginia.

I pulled the episodes again, after those events. I take the issue too seriously to give even a slight appearance that I am deaf to the importance of the issues, uncaring for those innocent folks and their families who suffered the tragedies, or to give any appearance that I am using tragedies for the benefit of our platforms.

Both sides, including the guy you call a "coward," supported my decisions to pull these podcasts for the reasons I did.

At this time, I'm not sure they will ever get released. The topic has evolved so much over the last year with so many shootings, an election with gun ballot issues in November 2022, and so many gun control bills introduced to state legislatures this winter, that the podcasts and the talking points would almost seem obsolete.

Sorry there you have it Hoss. Throw your tantrum all you want. The guy you called a "coward" did what he said he would do, he came to Bozeman and sat there while I asked him some questions that strain relationships, and after all of that, he agreed with my decision to not release podcasts on guns and gun control during a time when it looked to be riding the coat tails of tragedy. He didn't come to Hunt Talk, as you often do, and pitch a fit one way or the other.

As for you coming here and asking to be martyred, I see it for what it is. I'm not inclined to play your grade school games.

I don't produce content or change my ways because of people bitching and moaning like you do. We've been at this for 15 years. We have a good feel for what is important to accomplish our goals of advocating for hunting, access, public lands, and conservation. Those plans are not altered in the least by critics such as you, others on this forum, or others who want to use me and our platforms as their punching bags.

People have asked me what I think of this person or that person who might be a critic of what we do or of me personally. I give them a "meh." If you measured my/our harshest critic on a scale of 1 (least critical) to 10 (most critical), even on their best days of hacking on us, the best of them might get to a 3. I'm our most difficult critic. I am the 10 on that scale of critics.

I'm not easy to work for. I have high expectations. I have a great crew that shares those same commitments and values. They work their asses off, contrary to the view some have that we are on holiday vacation 24/7/365. We're not inclined to let folks like you or others dictate what we produce and how we operate.

Carry on, Hoss. That seems to be your strongest trait.

So here's the rest of the story, @hossblur, not that you care about anything factual.

I told Ryan I would also do a podcast with my friend at NSSF to present another side of the these issues, and I would release both podcasts the same week. He was fine with that. I did a podcast with NSSF.

The week the podcasts were to roll out there was an event in Uvalde, Texas - some 18 year-old puke went into an elementary school and killed a bunch of people.

I told both parties I was not going to release a podcast about guns/gun control in the aftermath of such a tragedy. It might have gotten a lot of downloads, but I'm not the kind to use a tragedy for the sake of increased downloads. Some might view these tragedies as opportunities, and many did make them the focus of their platforms. Not my style.

I rescheduled it for a release later in the year, late November, hoping the tenor of the issue would simmer down some and releasing the podcast wouldn't seem like I was leveraging a tragedy. Then four or five people got killed in a nightclub in Colorado, followed a few days later by some deranged bastard killing some people at a Wal-Mart in Virginia.

I pulled the episodes again, after those events. I take the issue too seriously to give even a slight appearance that I am deaf to the importance of the issues, uncaring for those innocent folks and their families who suffered the tragedies, or to give any appearance that I am using tragedies for the benefit of our platforms.

Both sides, including the guy you call a "coward," supported my decisions to pull these podcasts for the reasons I did.

At this time, I'm not sure they will ever get released. The topic has evolved so much over the last year with so many shootings, an election with gun ballot issues in November 2022, and so many gun control bills introduced to state legislatures this winter, that the podcasts and the talking points would almost seem obsolete.

Sorry there you have it Hoss. Throw your tantrum all you want. The guy you called a "coward" did what he said he would do, he came to Bozeman and sat there while I asked him some questions that strain relationships, and after all of that, he agreed with my decision to not release podcasts on guns and gun control during a time when it looked to be riding the coat tails of tragedy. He didn't come to Hunt Talk, as you often do, and pitch a fit one way or the other.

As for you coming here and asking to be martyred, I see it for what it is. I'm not inclined to play your grade school games.

I don't produce content or change my ways because of people bitching and moaning like you do. We've been at this for 15 years. We have a good feel for what is important to accomplish our goals of advocating for hunting, access, public lands, and conservation. Those plans are not altered in the least by critics such as you, others on this forum, or others who want to use me and our platforms as their punching bags.

People have asked me what I think of this person or that person who might be a critic of what we do or of me personally. I give them a "meh." If you measured my/our harshest critic on a scale of 1 (least critical) to 10 (most critical), even on their best days of hacking on us, the best of them might get to a 3. I'm our most difficult critic. I am the 10 on that scale of critics.

I'm not easy to work for. I have high expectations. I have a great crew that shares those same commitments and values. They work their asses off, contrary to the view some have that we are on holiday vacation 24/7/365. We're not inclined to let folks like you or others dictate what we produce and how we operate.

Carry on, Hoss. That seems to be your strongest trait.

So, it's an unreleased podcast.

Btw, check your own podcast forum, on may 26 2022, I actually asked about the Ryan Busse podcast, so let's not pretend.

I'll take the "yeah, sorry hoss, there isn't a Ryan Busse podcast, despite me taking shots at you" from the peanut gallery. Or I won't. Either way is fine.

Sure is nice that some folks don't try to profit off of tragedy.

Others are named Ryan.

Carry on.

So, it's an unreleased podcast.

Btw, check your own podcast forum, on may 26 2022, I actually asked about the Ryan Busse podcast, so let's not pretend.

I'll take the "yeah, sorry hoss, there isn't a Ryan Busse podcast, despite me taking shots at you" from the peanut gallery. Or I won't. Either way is fine.

Sure is nice that some folks don't try to profit off of tragedy.

Others are named Ryan.

Carry on.
Like I said, you don't listen.

I would love to hear @Hossblur’s public efforts to address gun violence.

Multiple complaints about another individual’s efforts on Internet forums seems to be a pretty low bar to change a real problem.

Russell Wilson sucks as the quarterback for the Denver Broncos. I’m publicly calling him out and demanding he explain why he isn’t as good at Denver as he was in Seattle.

#doingmyparttohelpBroncosfanseverywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back