Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Ryan Busse. Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finished reading "Gunfight" yesterday. If you are in lockstep with the NRA, nothing in the book will change your view.

Through out this thread Hossblur has asked for a definition of gun culture. I can't define it in its entirety, but there is one obvious component. It is group think. The NRA cultivated fear and anger for many years, they still do. Any opinion concerning the regulation of firearms that deviates from NRA (truth be told, some think the NRA is not militant enough) is quickly and uniformly condemned. His book offered several examples. Two would be Smith and Wessons time in the dog house and Jim Zumbo.

Jim Zumbo had his career ended, because he voiced an opinion about AR-15 type weapons. Nevermind that he had been a consistent friend of hunters and hunting for decades. He had one opinion that nullified all of it.

You can see the group think thru out this thread, it is THE common denominator of the hard core 2A population.

Many years ago, I belonged to the NRA. Somewhere in the early 90's it became obvious to me that they were going to wrap their fortunes with the right wing of the political spectrum. They have had and still have zero interest with any semblance of working with both sides of the political spectrum.

I have always been much more of a hunter than a shooter. Others are more shooter than hunter, and that is fine. But I am a hunter first and foremost. It is issues around land use, game laws, yada, yada that draws my interest and attention.

Regarding a podcast between Ryan and Randy, if I were Ryan, I'd pass. He laid out his case quite fully in the book. Nothing he can say to hardliners will penetrate the group think, concerning guns. To those of you who aren't hardliners, I don't see why he should give it away when he took the trouble to write it all down.

If you are inclined to read the book it is a good read with a lot of back stories about the gun industry.

Last edited:
I finished reading "Gunfight" yesterday. If you are in lockstep with the NRA, nothing in the book will change your view.

Through out this thread Hossblur has asked for a definition of gun culture. I can't define it in its entirety, but there is one obvious component. It is group think. The NRA cultivated fear and anger for many years, they still do. Any opinion concerning the regulation of firearms that deviates from NRA (truth be told, some think the NRA is not militant enough) is quickly and uniformly condemned. His book offered several examples. Two would be Smith and Wessons time in the dog house and Jim Zumbo.

Jim Zumbo had his career ended, because he differed voiced an opinion about AR-15 type weapons. Nevermind that he had been a consistent friend of hunters and hunting for decades. He had one opinion that nullified all of it.

You can see the group think thru out this thread, it is THE common denominator of the hard core 2A population.

Many years ago, I belonged to the NRA. Somewhere in the early 90's it became obvious to me that they were going to wrap their fortunes with the right wing of the political spectrum. They have had and still have zero interest with any semblance of working with both sides of the political spectrum.

I have always been much more of a hunter than a shooter. Others are more shooter than hunter, and that is fine. But I am a hunter first and foremost. It is issues around land use, game laws, yada, yada that draws my interest and attention.

Regarding a podcast between Ryan and Randy, if I were Ryan, I'd pass. He laid out his case quite fully in the book. Nothing he can say to hardliners will penetrate the group think, concerning guns. To those you aren't hardliners, I don't see why he should give it away when he took the trouble to write it all down.

If you are inclined to read the book it is a good read with a lot of back stories about the gun industry.

Agreed. That’s absolutely true. But its not just the hard core 2A population…

I liked that Gifford section to create a law that if firearm (supposedly to protect a person's family if an intruder broke in) must be unloaded and locked... Sounds like this wonderful world of ukraine.
You don't think fire arms should be safely stored when they are unattended?

See, I think most people should be allowed to own most guns.

I also think those people who choose to own guns have absolute responsibility for what their guns are used for.

Don't lock your guns if you don't want to, but if some kid stumbles upon them and shoots their buddy, that's on you. Criminally and civil.

You sell a gun to someone who shouldn't have one without a background check and they shoot up an Arby's? Guess who is an accomplice.

Your gun. Your responsibility. Store it safely when its not under your control.

What is wrong with that?

See, I think most people should be allowed to own most guns.

I also think those people who choose to own guns have absolute responsibility for what their guns are used for.

Don't lock your guns if you don't want to, but if some kid stumbles upon them and shoots their buddy, that's on you. Criminally and civil.

You sell a gun to someone who shouldn't have one without a background check and they shoot up an Arby's? Guess who is an accomplice.

Your gun. Your responsibility. Store it safely when its not under your control.

What is wrong with that?
Do you own any firearms? mtmuley

Do you own any firearms? mtmuley
Yeah. And I think a quarter of the folks I see who do, are not mentally competent enough to own one. IMHO

I can pass any background check you wanna throw at me. Can many say that? Why not?

If your criminal nephew gets a gun with your help, he better not run into me. Nor you.

I think it's a parent's decision how best to manage their right, versus the government trying to mange their family.

Also, you misses one key aspect... UNLOADED and locked... Not only when thugs slam the mobile home door of a single mother who has her daughter inside... now she must unlock the shotgun and load 12 gauge rounds. Nope... not for me.

Maybe for you - though parents make better decisions than government.

I think it's a parent's decision how best to manage their right, versus the government trying to mange their family.

Also, you misses one key aspect... UNLOADED and locked... Not only when thugs slam the mobile home door of a single mother who has her daughter inside... now she must unlock the shotgun and load 12 gauge rounds. Nope... not for me.

Maybe for you - though parents make better decisions than government.
I never said parents couldn't make decisions about how they manage their children's access to guns. I said that gun owners have to take responsibility for their guns.

If you think your 14 year old is responsible enough for full, unsupervised access to a gun or guns have at it.

He shoots someone or gives a gun to someone who does? Well you done f'd up and now you're on the hook. Criminally and civilly.

You don't get rights without responsibility.

The first portion involving thr BLM protest in Kalispell, MT is garbage. I was there. This is our community Busse painted for every anti 2A Tom, Dick, and Harriet, Kalispell is a white supremisist community. Flat out bull.

Hey though, those who don't know Flathead Valley from NYC to L.A. receive this impression.

The organized group, Flathead Patriot Guard, who, as law abiding citizens, presented their first amendment rights were there early. Met with the BLM protest leaders and discussed amicably the mutual desire to ensure our Flathead community value for our monuments (specifically our veterans memorual) would not be effected.

Both parties agreed to a presence of our Patriot Guard would stand watch and make a presence that radical elements are not free to rampage our town as done in far too many BLM events.
This was mutual. You? You present a gross miscarriage of reality. Book sales you're proud of. Joy.

Busse continues monomaniac fashion focused on a select couple of toads meanwhile ignore the BLM toads within their own ranks. But hey, it's @RyanBusse 's book .. he is either so immersed with the direct personal impact of his son and his accusation that a dressed military tactical "Chad" actually shoved his finger physically into his son's chest... meanwhile all along police and Sheriff's were present EVERYWHERE... but hey, his book, his version of events.

Regress whether Randy vouches for @RyanBusse or not, your intentional or monomaniac view tore at the true events of the peaceful protest from both sides.

Another question for you, did you carry concealed? I did... anything happen with all those falsely accused "non military" law abiding citizens fire a single round? No. They held meetings to ensure a smooth and as peaceful event occurred.

You falsely portrayed what you did not know. Many... in fact a majority of those presenting their 2A first Amendment rights are former military... but hey, for the book sales you further smear our great community.

Your book charged with opinions off the bat, so false, leave the rest of your book as questionable garbage to those of us who were present.

The problem for Flathead folk though the gleeful $$$ you gain from your book sales, including my audiobook purchase, you know the few can not defend against the masses from cities outside who read your garbage.

You don't give a rats ass though. Piss off.

Last edited:
The first portion involving thr BLM protest in Kalispell, MT is garbage. I was there. This is our community Busse painted for every anti 2A Tom, Dick, and Harriet, Kalispell is a white supremisist community. Flat out bull.

Hey though, those who don't know Flathead Valley from NYC to L.A. receive this impression.

The organized group, Flathead Patriot Guard, who, as law abiding citizens, presented their first amendment rights were there early. Met with the BLM protest leaders and discussed amicably the mutual desire to ensure our Flathead community value for our monuments (specifically our veterans memorual) would not be effected.

Both parties agreed to a presence of our Patriot Guard would stand watch and make a presence that radical elements are not free to rampage our town as done in far too many BLM events.
This was mutual. You? You present a gross miscarriage of reality. Book sales you're proud of. Joy.

Busse continues monomaniac fashion focused on a select couple of toads meanwhile ignore the BLM toads within their own ranks. But hey, it's @RyanBusse 's book .. he is either so immersed with the direct personal impact of his son and his accusation that a dressed military tactical "Chad" actually shoved his finger physically into his son's chest... meanwhile all along police and Sheriff's were present EVERYWHERE... but hey, his book, his version of events.

Regress whether Randy vouches for @RyanBusse or not, your intentional or monomaniac view tore at the true events of the peaceful protest from both sides.

Another question for you, did you carry concealed? I did... anything happen with all those falsely accused "non military" law abiding citizens fire a single round? No. They held meetings to ensure a smooth and as peaceful event occurred.

You falsely portrayed what you did not know. Many... in fact a majority of those presenting their 2A first Amendment rights are former military... but hey, for the book sales you further smear our great community.

Your book charged with opinions off the bat, so false, leave the rest of your book as questionable garbage to those of us who were present.

The problem for Flathead folk though the gleeful $$$ you gain from your book sales, including my audiobook purchase, you know the few can not defend against the masses from cities outside who read your garbage.

You don't give a rats ass though. Piss off.
This guy was "protecting monuments", too. His group (the awake ones) were chanting black lives dont matter at teenagers walking on the sidewalk during their legal and permitted march that they planned and organized. Those chanting black lives dont matter were in the street, blocking traffic.

As the organizer (a teenage girl) tried to speak of her experiences as a black person, the old white men chanted so loud she couldn't be heard and she fought tears but finished her speech.

I was proud of her and ashamed of the group I use to consider myself part of.

Attachments

• 20220224_205737.jpg
    20220224_205737.jpg
    462.6 KB · Views: 30
This guy was "protecting monuments", too. His group (the awake ones) were chanting black lives dont matter at teenagers walking on the sidewalk during their legal and permitted march that they planned and organized. Those chanting black lives dont matter were in the street, blocking traffic.

As the organizer (a teenage girl) tried to speak of her experiences as a black person, the old white men chanted so loud she couldn't be heard and she fought tears but finished her speech.

I was proud of her and ashamed of the group I use to consider myself part of.
Dude is sleeping, highly doubt he was chanting anything!

Reading comprehension, bro. The awake white boomer men and a few women were chanting black lives dont matter.
What is the guy in the photo doing wrong or illegal? I’m sure he’s not the first guardian of something that fell asleep with a gun..... bro.

What is the guy in the photo doing wrong or illegal? I’m sure he’s not the first guardian of something that fell asleep with a gun..... bro.
Do you think hes well trained? Professional? Does he make you feel more or less safe?

Do you think hes well trained? Professional? Does he make you feel more or less safe?
We should wake him up and ask if he’s well trained or a professional.

Is he doing anything illegal?

Last edited:

I had an opinion of NW Montana, panhandle of Idaho, long before reading the book. It is not an entirely positive view of the culture. It is not under represented with white supremacists.

You do not know what his son's experience at that BLM protest was, but don't mind inferring that it was too much "immersion" on Ryan's part. Very nice wording trying to create some reasonable doubt that the incident transpired differently than represented in the book.

Being former military does not confer special carrying rights of tactical weapons at protests. As he writes in the book, the intent of carrying tactical weapons openly at the ready is to intimidate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back