PEAX Equipment

Ryan Busse is a coward

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think once our kids graduate HS and we have a nest egg we will probably leave, and get jobs in another country for a bit then come back if we get grandkids, at least that's the 20 year plan.
Like this little edit.
The original post said nothing about coming back.
There’s a big difference between going on vacation and permanently abandoning your post.

That's a nice spin.

But in your "beat down" remarks, you, like a couple others, clearly don't understand English. The OP, like yet another OP was about A PODCAST. One that neither you, nor I have heard, but one with a guy who you've spent weeks defending. You're defending something you've never heard. And no, it wouldn't change my mind. Unlike the usual cabal, he's not my neighbor, I haven't shared a pint night, and I wasn't on either the Obama or Biden campaign. I know of him from READING his thoughts, seeing interviews of them, etc.

I had no intention of changing your mind. Nor the handful of others that fancy themselves the keepers of HT. What I did do, was raise an issue, and several dudes that didn't know of him, or that did but didn't know his new calling, now do.

I could have just copy and pasted your responses from the last time I banged on him.

It's not shocking, amazing, or surprising, you, wllm, 406, came at me on this one, I expected it.

Podcast would have simply exposed Ryan to the community that doesn't have coffee with him. This thread did so as well, but it took longer than an hour.

Either way, the end result was the same.

How many minds did you change? I knew what I was trying to do, you just played along. Otherwise, this was a few pages.

See ya next time I touch the the untouchables

BHA

The Montana Cabal

Red Desert Hunting Guides
🤷‍♂️

We’ve had like 10 gun control threads on ht. I’m pro 2A if you actually read them. The point I tried to make is that there was a big pivot point on this issue. No one calls Reagan a commie, but he basically had the same stance as dems today.

So when having the discussion maybe consider that fact, maybe folks on the other side of the issue aren’t anti-American, maybe their view on guns just hasn’t evolved much since the 80s.

The other point I tried to make is that the often gun owner’s arguments are undermined by illogical statements and factual errors...

I started following Busse on insta after the first thread about him to get a better since of him.

Weird vibe for sure, definitely a salesmen above all else.

[/QUOTE]
Woah buddy, I’m just a Romney/ Charlie Baker kinda guy.

View attachment 279028

You seemed to appreciate my perspective on BHA's renewable energy stance...

Hoss seems like you just want to be right and when someone makes a valid point you either try to straw man their argument or result to personal attacks.

This is a relevant topic on a hunting forum, and a number of us are happy to engage with you but it doesn't seem like you want to have a good faith discussion.

Any chance you are going to man up and simply reach out to Busse or are you going to continue with do nothing internet rants?

One mans internet posts is another mans Atlantic, Guardian, NY Times article.
Just depends on where your at on pint night which one you consider a rant. To be fair, I don't get paid for my opinions, so there is that

Any chance you are going to man up and simply reach out to Busse or are you going to continue with do nothing internet rants?
Just depends on where your at on pint night which one you consider a rant. To be fair, I don't get paid for my opinions, so there is that
So no, the answer is no. Thanks for that.

Hoss seems like you just want to be right and when someone makes a valid point you either try to straw man their argument or result to personal attacks.

This is a relevant topic on a hunting forum, and a number of us are happy to engage with you but it doesn't seem like you want to have a good faith discussion.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah?

[/QUOTE]

It is "interesting" what one considers a strawman. The topic went from a single, named person, by me, to a small group, spinning it into something else.

A good faith discussion, doesn't involve accusing one side of needing to make nails for caskets, wanting dead kids, etc.

A good faith discussion on Busse, who jumps all over the media whenever there is a shooting to promote his book, and speaking fees, doesn't involve most of what got lobbed this direction.

There's always backstory and personal crap that gets lobbed, including by Randy. But the simple reality is, and my original challenge was, come talk to ACTUAL gun owners, let them challenge your wild accusations, let the middle group hear long form.

I didn't wade in and blast him, after a year, and being assured by Randy himself, that Busse would do it, there was no podcast.

A year later, and after apparently he sat for an interview, I posted, about hearing a podcast. Now Randy could have just responded that "there was an interview, but given current news, I've chosen not to air it", then. Or really anytime in the year that followed.

Instead, the grifter went grifting, until I'd had a gut full and blasted him here, on a forum I knew he was a member of, and where his friends and associates are. He heard, so I've been told.

And, I knew it as I typed it, exactly who would circle the wagons, and they did, you included.

It's a funny world. I read vitriol aimed Mike Lee continuously on this forum. I doubt highly any of you have ever met him. Doubt you've sat in speeches. Doubt you know him other than his writings and his grandstanding for $$. Yet, I've yet to see any of you give him "the benefit of the doubt". Funny who gets extended such courtesy and who doesn't based on geographic location. And honestly, they are basically the same type of guy. Anything to promote themselves for cash.

This thread wasn't about school shootings, you all turned it that way. That's not my strawman, that's yours.

You’re never going to win this.
It’s like chasewild told me.
Sometimes you’ve just gotta say “ok will” and let him win.

Last edited:
So no, the answer is no. Thanks for that.
Is the new rule here that one must have reached out to an individual or group first before discussing or criticizing them?

I'm pretty new here, but if that's the rule, sure seems like there will be very little to talk about here.

Or is that just the rule for topics that cut against the grain of the group thought?

Seems one guy named a name, the rest tried to make him answer for a huge swath of topics, some remotely related. Others decided to go the "coffins for kids" route, while somehow trying to claim their high brow, and thoughtful position.

I joined because I knew of Randy, and heard him on Matt Rinellas podcast take pretty personal hits, and have to face accusations that were I'm sure uncomfortable. So I figured maybe his forum was similar.

It's taken about 2weeks of reading a lot of the threads, to see what I was told when I joined about the "team jersey" of the forum.

Too bad. I read Busse book. It is easy to spot who didn't, yet they are the biggest critics of the OP. It seems like many are what hoss and others have pointed out, just defending the "team", blindly.

Is the new rule here that one must have reached out to an individual or group first before discussing or criticizing them?
New rule? No.

But seems it seems to me if you have a bunch of questions that only the guy you are hammering can answer the best and smartest way to get those answers is to go to simply ask the guy.

That is if you really want the answers. Some seem to not really want the answers but really want to keep pounding the already dead horse. This topic by the OP is nothing new.

So I figured maybe his forum was similar.

It's taken about 2weeks of reading a lot of the threads, to see what I was told when I joined about the "team jersey" of the forum.

if we have a team jersey around here it's that we mostly can't stand cam hanes and think montana game management is a joke. everything else is up for lively debate IMO.

I was actually going to point that out earlier. Busse has a far larger platform and has been able to make money at the same time.

It could be said he has you tilting at windmills, to little or no effect. Hopefully it makes you feel good.

New rule? No.

But seems it seems to me if you have a bunch of questions that only the guy you are hammering can answer the best and smartest way to get those answers is to go to simply ask the guy.

That is if you really want the answers. Some seem to not really want the answers but really want to keep pounding the already dead horse. This topic by the OP is nothing new.

So, when I read threads about different politicians in here, or different people, it's safe to assume the OP has sought answers before posting?

Did you ask the OP he had prior to posting?

Not looking to beef, but as a newer guy, I was kinda shocked at the accusations hurled in one direction.

I'll take your word for the dead horse comment, other than there is a post about a Busse podcast that sat empty for a long time, seems he did ask, like he said.

Carry on, I'll keep reading to try to figure out what's going g on

if we have a team jersey around here it's that we mostly can't stand cam hanes and think montana game management is a joke. everything else is up for lively debate IMO.
And everybody but @cabotcontrarian agrees tillamook is the superior dairy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back