Caribou Gear Tarp

Ryan Busse is a coward

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was actually going to point that out earlier. Busse has a far larger platform and has been able to make money at the same time.

It could be said he has you tilting at windmills, to little or no effect. Hopefully it makes you feel good.

Perhaps, fair criticism.

I'd argue his platform is built out of a house of cards, but so be it.

I knew who he was, and what he pretends vs what is fact(Gifford's is for total gun bans, not just "assault rifles").

A lot of guys look at the headline, don't read the story, or do the digging. If a few did, yeah, I feel good.

I'm pro the nascar jersey.

Let's put it all out who you take money from, prior to the speech, book, podcast, you tube, etc.

Then, let's let the ideas and argument speak for themselves.

Perhaps, fair criticism.

I'd argue his platform is built out of a house of cards, but so be it.

I knew who he was, and what he pretends vs what is fact(Gifford's is for total gun bans, not just "assault rifles").

A lot of guys look at the headline, don't read the story, or do the digging. If a few did, yeah, I feel good.

I'm pro the nascar jersey.

Let's put it all out who you take money from, prior to the speech, book, podcast, you tube, etc.

Then, let's let the ideas and argument speak for themselves.

Even if we stipulate that Gabby Gifford does want to see all guns banned, that does not mean that anyone who offers her help, necessarily has the same opinion concerning the banning of all guns.

She will never see that day come to pass. I do think that gun laws will be different 50 years from now, than today, but a total ban, ain't happening.

Even if we stipulate that Gabby Gifford does want to see all guns banned, that does not mean that anyone who offers her help, necessarily has the same opinion concerning the banning of all guns.

She will never see that day come to pass. I do think that gun laws will be different 50 years from now, than today, but a total ban, ain't happening.

And this is where I'm blown away.

He sits on the board. He's not a random dude in a legislative committee testifying about the difference in a 10 shot vs 11 shot mag, or some stupid minuscule concept.

I do believe new guns will be banned at some point. Or more correctly, gun manufacturers will get sued out of existence, and if not guns, then ammo will. I guess I just read what people say, and believe them.

But there's the rub. The board he sits on, and profits from, doesn't care either way, their goal is the same.

I live in Utah. I've watched for decades the "I'm one of you" types that "hunt, fish, recreate" on public land, then, spend their energy trying to sell it. I see little difference here, thus the Chaffetz reference. Sure, maybe they have some weird constitutional principle, but the amount of checks cashed, make me think otherwise.

I won't lie, his association with the "public lands in public hands" crowd that screams, about energy development on public land, except for energy development the left loves, and now his "I like guns" while sitting on Gifford's, draws more of my ire. Seems like a pattern of double speak to me.

I just left Lee's office in D.C. about 5 minutes ago, chatted with Romney in the basement of Russell just prior to that.

Great. We ain't friends, but I don't doubt you spend the time.

you'd be in the 1% class. Being an outlier doesn't make you the rule. You, of anyone, knows how rare it is.

And I don't doubt you did. Romney seeks out outdoorsy folks as part of his "I'm one of you" lines. He spent a year traveling around to $fw banquets doing the same. Posted pics of his goose hunting prowess,etc. I'll bet he even owns a Patagonia vest.

But the "board" he sits on, will sell off public every chance they get, he deserves the same benefit of the doubt as a Gifford's board member deserves on not banning guns

He sits on the board. He's not a random dude in a legislative committee testifying about the difference in a 10 shot vs 11 shot mag, or some stupid minuscule concept.

The board he sits on, and profits from, doesn't care either way,
...the same benefit of the doubt as a Gifford's board member deserves on not banning guns
Where do you see Busse holding a Gifford's board seat?

Where do you see Busse holding a Gifford's board seat?

Looks like he's a "senior advisor" for Giffords. Article below seems to conflict with Giffords' own interview/article earlier this year.

>>>>Giffords, the gun safety organization led by former Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, added a powerful new voice to its advocacy team today by welcoming gun owner and former firearms industry executive Ryan Busse as a senior advisor. Busse, who worked in the gun industry for more than two decades, will help Giffords reach out to gun owners and fight for responsible policies while confronting the role that the gun industry plays in the dangerous radicalization of millions of Americans.

Ryan Busse has also served as an advisor for the United States Senate Sportsmen’s Caucus and the Biden presidential campaign. In October 2021, Public Affairs is publishing Busse’s book, Gunfight, which details his life as a firearms industry executive and addresses the policy and cultural changes that are necessary to reduce gun violence and heal our democracy.

“Like me, Gabby Giffords is a gun owner who knows that commonsense gun safety laws and the Second Amendment are not in conflict. Her organization’s commitment to engaging gun owners in the fight to thoughtfully reduce gun violence in America is so important,” said Giffords Senior Advisor Ryan Busse. “I’m excited to join forces with Gabby and her team to continue building a home for responsible gun owners who reject extremism and who understand that our freedoms are coupled with immense responsibility.” ....

In addition to providing insights on the gun industry and gun lobby, Busse will bring a wealth of in-house firearms expertise to Giffords. <<<<

On a more serious note, it’s been my experience folks who say they support red flag laws typically don’t. Unless it marries up with their biases, like a rainbow haired tranny trying to buy a gun.

Our judicial system is not perfect, and due process for red flag laws is and should be a concern. However, despite the imperfections I think we need to dig harder into how to make these work. Even when it’s someone we may relate to or with, sympathize with, etc.

And this is where I'm blown away.

I do believe new guns will be banned at some point. Or more correctly, gun manufacturers will get sued out of existence, and if not guns, then ammo will. I guess I just read what people say, and believe them.

But there's the rub. The board he sits on, and profits from, doesn't care either way, their goal is the same.

I live in Utah. I've watched for decades the "I'm one of you" types that "hunt, fish, recreate" on public land, then, spend their energy trying to sell it. I see little difference here, thus the Chaffetz reference. Sure, maybe they have some weird constitutional principle, but the amount of checks cashed, make me think otherwise.

I won't lie, his association with the "public lands in public hands" crowd that screams, about energy development on public land, except for energy development the left loves, and now his "I like guns" while sitting on Gifford's, draws more of my ire. Seems like a pattern of double speak to me.
Meh, if you know anything about policy, time and pressure. Building relationships is where it's at. Focus on what you agree on. Why you have zero chance to influence anything but your own binary view. You can't start a conversation with f&_$k you.

Building relationships is where it's at. Focus on what you agree on. Why you have zero chance to influence anything but your own binary view. You can't start a conversation with f&_$k you.
Fair point, although most of this thread has been two opposing views throwing punches, and several people have said what's the point of discussing or debating this issue no one will change their mind. Can be difficult to focus on common ground when certain influential players on one side openly say there should be none.

Fair point, although most of this thread has been two opposing views throwing punches, and several people have said what's the point of discussing or debating this issue no one will change their mind. Can be difficult to focus on common ground when certain influential players on BOTH sides openly say there should be none.
Fify

Ok folks. I'm back from ten days on the road. You all have until noon today to change everyone's mind. Thread closing in 33 minutes.

This thread has nothing to do with the purpose of this forum and the next thread meant to stir the pot will get closed a lot sooner, even if I am on the road.

Last call. Thread now closing in 30 minutes.

@hossblur one last time for the road...

Don't live in MT, never had a beer with Busse

The points I've made that you've misconstrued.

All Republican presidents prior to Trump supported the gun control measures that are discussed and demonized today. Reagan and Gifford were both shot and both campaigned against assault weapons. They both used that term. The point being the rhetoric used today is way over the top describing proponents of gun control.

There are waiting periods in some states for voting after registering to vote, those have been found constitutional. Similarly some sort of waiting period for guns would likely also be constitutional. I don't think it's fair to argue a waiting period is unreasonable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back