Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Ryan Busse. Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
An interim book report.

It is a good read so far. I would say his journey took many years. He writes about quite a few turning points.

One of the more important was the realization of the profound gift of wild public places and how little the gun lobby cared about either valuing that or what it meant to hunters.

Gifford website. A few random clicks. Interesting tidbits. You may agree, disagree, etc. I hope Randy sheds light on his position in contention with Busse as shared in this thread. At least Randy has the cahones to call out his friend on an American significant area of differences. A couple areas I'm in moderate agreement, however on the vast majority, they are over the top anti 2A. Top it off, go onto their list of Board members and WOW! Just the few I reviewed for quotes on "gun control"... Yes people, the Gifford train is an enemy of our 2A rights. Mock it, or do your research. ;) I'm laughing as I type this though to some extent, it's a concerned reservation laugh...

“Like me, Gabby Giffords is a gun owner who knows that commonsense gun safety laws and the Second Amendment are not in conflict. Her organization’s commitment to engaging gun owners in the fight to thoughtfully reduce gun violence in America is so important,” said Giffords Senior Advisor Ryan Busse. “I’m excited to join forces with Gabby and her team to continue building a home for responsible gun owners who reject extremism and who understand that our freedoms are coupled with immense responsibility.”

Guns carried in public pose a danger to public safety, and lax concealed carry laws increase the risk of violent confrontations.

The carrying of concealed, loaded guns in public places can quickly escalate everyday conflicts into deadly altercations, causing tragic, irreversible damage to innocent lives. These dangers are amplified when states weaken their standards for who is qualified to carry loaded weapons in public, or when states eliminate these standards and protections entirely.

“Stand your ground” laws do not deter crime—in fact, they drive up homicides in states where they are enacted.

Guns in schools are an unnecessary and significant threat to the safety of children and college students.

Laws requiring safe storage help address the dangerous consequences of unauthorized access to firearms by minors and others who are ineligible to possess them.

Safe storage laws promote responsible gun-owning practices by requiring gun owners to store their firearms unloaded and locked when unattended. These laws are intended to help prevent unauthorized users, including children, from accessing and using firearms, which can reduce tragedies due to suicide, unintentional discharges, and gun theft.

Though they are significantly less powerful than real firearms, non-powder guns such as BB or air guns can be deadly, and should be regulated as such.

Assault weapons are designed for the battlefield and pose a serious public safety risk, making it easier for shooters to kill more people more quickly.

Large capacity magazines are often used in mass shootings because they allow a shooter to keep firing for longer periods of time, increasing casualties and reducing victims’ ability to escape or intervene.

The ammunition used in guns is what renders firearms truly lethal—yet ammunition sales are not subject to the same federal regulations as firearms themselves.

By making gunshots harder to hear or see, silencers diminish the effectiveness of law enforcement and gunshot detection systems.

Gifford website. A few random clicks. Interesting tidbits. You may agree, disagree, etc. I hope Randy sheds light on his position in contention with Busse as shared in this thread. At least Randy has the cahones to call out his friend on an American significant area of differences. A couple areas I'm in moderate agreement, however on the vast majority, they are over the top anti 2A. Top it off, go onto their list of Board members and WOW! Just the few I reviewed for quotes on "gun control"... Yes people, the Gifford train is an enemy of our 2A rights. Mock it, or do your research. ;) I'm laughing as I type this though to some extent, it's a concerned reservation laugh...

“Like me, Gabby Giffords is a gun owner who knows that commonsense gun safety laws and the Second Amendment are not in conflict. Her organization’s commitment to engaging gun owners in the fight to thoughtfully reduce gun violence in America is so important,” said Giffords Senior Advisor Ryan Busse. “I’m excited to join forces with Gabby and her team to continue building a home for responsible gun owners who reject extremism and who understand that our freedoms are coupled with immense responsibility.”

Guns carried in public pose a danger to public safety, and lax concealed carry laws increase the risk of violent confrontations.

The carrying of concealed, loaded guns in public places can quickly escalate everyday conflicts into deadly altercations, causing tragic, irreversible damage to innocent lives. These dangers are amplified when states weaken their standards for who is qualified to carry loaded weapons in public, or when states eliminate these standards and protections entirely.

“Stand your ground” laws do not deter crime—in fact, they drive up homicides in states where they are enacted.

Guns in schools are an unnecessary and significant threat to the safety of children and college students.

Laws requiring safe storage help address the dangerous consequences of unauthorized access to firearms by minors and others who are ineligible to possess them.

Safe storage laws promote responsible gun-owning practices by requiring gun owners to store their firearms unloaded and locked when unattended. These laws are intended to help prevent unauthorized users, including children, from accessing and using firearms, which can reduce tragedies due to suicide, unintentional discharges, and gun theft.

Though they are significantly less powerful than real firearms, non-powder guns such as BB or air guns can be deadly, and should be regulated as such.

Assault weapons are designed for the battlefield and pose a serious public safety risk, making it easier for shooters to kill more people more quickly.

Large capacity magazines are often used in mass shootings because they allow a shooter to keep firing for longer periods of time, increasing casualties and reducing victims’ ability to escape or intervene.

The ammunition used in guns is what renders firearms truly lethal—yet ammunition sales are not subject to the same federal regulations as firearms themselves.

By making gunshots harder to hear or see, silencers diminish the effectiveness of law enforcement and gunshot detection systems.
Was your intent that we go through and agree or disagree on those individually? There's certainly plenty of speculation going on there, and much of there "facts" are actually correlations, not causations.

Was your intent that we go through and agree or disagree on those individually? There's certainly plenty of speculation going on there, and much of there "facts" are actually correlations, not causations.
Wha? Haha! Neffa, please... My intent is neither for you to agree or disagree. It's to share the humor of the following:

“Like me, Gabby Giffords is a gun owner who knows that commonsense gun safety laws and the Second Amendment are not in conflict.

Then read what the Gifford organization promotes as laws (desired) and the 2A that are "not in conflict", based on Busse's direct quote.

I'm laughing as I type this though to some extent, it's a concerned reservation laugh...

Wha? Haha! Neffa, please... My intent is neither for you to agree or disagree. It's to share the humor of the following:

Then read what the Gifford organization promotes as laws (desired) and the 2A that are "not in conflict", based on Busse's direct quote.
regulating BB guns is a joke I'd like to think we could all get a good chuckle out of.

Common sense gun laws. What a joke. Thanks for posting the quotes from their website. Seems to me these folks are an enemy to the 2A but I’m sure some will agree with their views.

They just passed a law, literally yesterday (the 23rd), due to the state of emergency, which allows citizens to carry firearms in public. So there's a bit more to the story.

Isn't it funny how governments change their tune when they need help from the public?
Or maybe they adjust laws according to circumstances.

Some people in Ukraine probably wish they had the ability to buy, own and train with high quality weapons.
Of course, that could never happen here in 🇺🇸 . wE aRe exCepTioNaL
Like the opportunity to join the military? I never saw that opportunity at risk unless you're gay or transgender

An old retired game warden once told me ex-poachers make the best game wardens..
Odd - Not sure I'd be excited to have a warden as a former poacher though when I was a LEO in L.A. County, some of our best deputies were former guys who grew up in the crip / blood world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back