RIP Swiss Family Robinson

So, not a fan of letting businesses decide what to offer and what not, from their privately owned stock?

If it's substantiated. I'd give you Dumbo, the Peter Pan indians, or even maybe the rapist skunk, but scuzzy Asian pirates in Asia is somehow offensive? Nah...

If it's substantiated. I'd give you Dumbo, the Peter Pan indians, or even maybe the rapist skunk, but scuzzy Asian pirates in Asia is somehow offensive? Nah...

It all boils down to these titles being the property of Disney, and what they decide to do with them is their business. Our business is whether or not we give them money for their service.

Many bakers died in the Gay Wars for this right, apparently.

Weren't you lamenting on another thread the other day that there's no wiggle room in society anymore? I swear it was you... 🤷‍♂️

You made outraged, factually incorrect claims in your post and people corrected them. "Disney+ has removed Swiss Family Robinson, one of my all-time favorite movies as a kid, from it's service" No, it hasn't. Still there. You're flat-out wrong. "because of how the pirates are portrayed." Nope. Had you read Disney's statement you would have realized they said it was due to minority characters were portrayed in negative stereotypes. Nothing to do with how pirates are portrayed. 🤷‍♂️

You can have all the wiggle room you want to complain about stupid shit. I'm not calling you a Nazi or a commie. Just a drama queen.

Disney has always been wimpy. I mean today’s people who can’t stomach the idea of hunting were trained at an early age by watching negative portrayals of hunting in Bambi. As a private company they can do what they want even if it is stupid and petty. As a citizen we all have the right to quit supporting the companies. If everyone would quit supporting companies like Disney it would do way more than complaining online about it.

Disney has always been wimpy. I mean today’s people who can’t stomach the idea of hunting were trained at an early age by watching negative portrayals of hunting in Bambi. As a private company they can do what they want even if it is stupid and petty. As a citizen we all have the right to quit supporting the companies. If everyone would quit supporting companies like Disney it would do way more than complaining online about it.

Totally agree, but - Mandalorian & the Book of Boba Fett is coming out, so I'mma still keep my script.

Cancel culture these days SMDH

;);)

You're confusing free market choice with forcibly demanding/pressuring the removal of something that is not liked.

A primary characteristic of cancel culture is that there are no alternatives. Once an individual or entity is targeted, cancel culture seeks to de-platform, remove, or silence the perceived transgressor, or some combination of the three.

Alignment culture as some people call it, (boycotts) on the other hand, still makes it possible to convey contrasting opinions. The ultimate goal is to prove who has more power in a market scenario. It also offers the opposition an opportunity to push back and seeks to compel a party to amend or walk back a statement to one that aligns with the opinions of a given market segment. Boycotters are clearly stating which opinions they are willing to tolerate.

Cancel culture is out to destroy and silence people who they do not agree with.

Man I love hunttalk, but somedays I sign on and read stuff like this thread...then I think what a bunch of losers I associate with on the internet.

Thankfully hunting season comes back and everyone totally redeems themselves.

Disclaimer: this post does not exclude myself from loserdom on occasion.

You're confusing free market choice with forcibly demanding/pressuring the removal of something that is not liked.

A primary characteristic of cancel culture is that there are no alternatives. Once an individual or entity is targeted, cancel culture seeks to de-platform, remove, or silence the perceived transgressor, or some combination of the three.

Alignment culture as some people call it, (boycotts) on the other hand, still makes it possible to convey contrasting opinions. The ultimate goal is to prove who has more power in a market scenario. It also offers the opposition an opportunity to push back and seeks to compel a party to amend or walk back a statement to one that aligns with the opinions of a given market segment. Boycotters are clearly stating which opinions they are willing to tolerate.

Ok.

Watch out... we got a noob that knows it all.

Hello pot, meet kettle. I think you'll get along fine.

You made outraged, factually incorrect claims in your post and people corrected them. "Disney+ has removed Swiss Family Robinson, one of my all-time favorite movies as a kid, from it's service" No, it hasn't. Still there. You're flat-out wrong. "because of how the pirates are portrayed." Nope. Had you read Disney's statement you would have realized they said it was due to minority characters were portrayed in negative stereotypes. Nothing to do with how pirates are portrayed. 🤷‍♂️

You can have all the wiggle room you want to complain about stupid shit. I'm not calling you a Nazi or a commie. Just a drama queen.

Sigh...eat a Snickers...I'm not outraged, just sad about the depths we're sinking to and calling stupid like I saw it (I read Disney's statement before posting btw), but carry on if it makes your day better

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexn
Back