MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

RIP Swiss Family Robinson

LuketheDog

Not sure whether I should've posted this in this forum or in "Jokes", it could go either way...

Disney+ has removed Swiss Family Robinson, one of my all-time favorite movies as a kid, from it's service because of how the pirates are portrayed. So glad my kids got to watch (they loved it) it before the Thought Police swooped in! Now, I don't want any pirates to get offended, so keep this thread civil or I'll ask the mods to lock it...

Disney+ has removed several movies, including “Dumbo,” “Peter Pan,” “The Aristocats” and “Swiss Family Robinson” from children’s profiles on its service over negative stereotypes.

The Walt Disney Company had previously placed content warnings on the films for “negative depictions and/or mistreatment of people and cultures” in October, and has now removed access to the films by children under 7.

Adults with Disney+ accounts can still access the films with the content warnings.

Won't be long and we won't be able to watch anything because it might hurt someone's feelings. Guess I will save on cable.

I think the craziest, most outdated thing I ever saw on Disney plus is in the movie Iron Will.

There's a scene where Will is trying to get into the dog sled race, and Kevin spacey, looking down at his drink with a bored face, immediately looks up with interest upon hearing someone yell "He's just a boy!"

I loved that movie as a kid. Watched it again a few years ago and I really wanted to punch Ernst & Francis for being such punks.

It didn't quite hold up as well as others, like Chitty-Chitty Bang Bang or Bedknobs & Broomsticks, but still fared better than the Shaggy DA or Herbie Goes Bananas.

Because, my friends, this is Cinema!

What's ridiculous is that this is even a thing whether it's still on or cancelled whatever. Someone offended by a movie made how many decades ago, give me a break.

I think the craziest, most outdated thing I ever saw on Disney plus is in the movie Iron Will.

There's a scene where Will is trying to get into the dog sled race, and Kevin spacey, looking down at his drink with a bored face, immediately looks up with interest upon hearing someone yell "He's just a boy!"
Why you gotta ruin one of my Disney favorites?! 😂 too funny.

Anytime I have to get suckered in to picking a Disney movie, it’s something along those lines.

I loved that movie as a kid. Watched it again a few years ago and I really wanted to punch Ernst & Francis for being such punks.

It didn't quite hold up as well as others, like Chitty-Chitty Bang Bang or Bedknobs & Broomsticks, but still fared better than the Shaggy DA or Herbie Goes Bananas.

Because, my friends, this is Cinema!
What's interesting is there are a ton of Disney movies that aren't on Disney+ so like 🤷‍♂️

You're not including your catalog but then talking about things your not putting in your catalog.

The Island at the Top of the World
In search of the castaways
The Moon-Spinners

etc etc etc

One could argue that a post to trigger the anti-woke that is either unresearched or intentionally misleading is just as bad as the actions of the "thought police."

Yeah, what do I know...you did your research before posting though right?

Back