MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

RIP Joe Diffie

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
When I moved back home after my first stint in the military and a couple of years of heavy metal and drug abuse, I remember listening to Joe, early Garth and Tim McGraw, Mark Chesnut, Reba, Trisha Yearwood..the list goes on and on...over the speakers in the shop in my job as a mechanic. I used to laugh at his songs and they really kept me calmed down and at ease when I felt like raging sometimes. Joe's songs still bring a smile to my face when I put country on Sirius. A nice time in my life after a few years of turmoil.

Some of the best days of my life were spent on a remote lake in Canada with a couple great buddies drinking beer and catching fish. For probably 8 years in a row, one buddy would bring up his Joe Diffie CD and we’d put it on repeat. The more Labatts we drank, the louder we sang along. My friend passed away a few years ago and now Joe is gone, too. I can’t look at a picture of Tony without hearing Joe and I can’t hear Joe without picturing my friend. This news today hurt. RIP Joe. Thanks for the memories.

Attachments

• BCBA4278-217A-498B-A899-8025A18FF88A.jpeg
    BCBA4278-217A-498B-A899-8025A18FF88A.jpeg
    85.2 KB · Views: 13
The family and I have been listening to his songs all afternoon. Alot of great memories growing up with his music. To quote Toby Keith, "Here's a beer to ya, Joe. Go get your reward"...

If the devil dances in empty pockets rings so true in today’s current events haven’t talked to my brother today but I’m sure him and my nephew are blasting John deer green. Rip joe

I can't tell you how many hours I spent listening to his songs while in a patrol rig. RIP

Man I would crank that song when I heard it. It was 16.
I was a little older. To be honest, pickup man was when country music jumped the shark for me. I like his other stuff. It is a shame that this disease racked up another victim and it’s a sad day for his fans including me.

I would agree. It was juuuust the beginning of what Country has changed into now. There are a few around that play like it should be IMO though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wyohandscold
Back